Join us summer 2017 for an eight-week immersive experience in the science of integrative medicine!
Integrative medicine encompasses traditional approaches to healing, such as botanical medicine, nutrition, meditation, hydrotherapy and acupuncture. While much of the world still uses these traditional approaches, we have only recently begun to understand how they work. Our goal is to introduce you to the research being conducted in integrative medicine and to give you the tools to tackle your own research project.
During This Internship You Will:
- Take a course in integrative medicine modalities
- Experience integrative medicine from the perspective of both patient and physician
- Learn about research methodologies
- Discuss landmark studies and current areas of research
- Develop and conduct a small independent research project
- And of course, explore beautiful Portland, Oregon!
If you are an undergraduate student or a recent post-baccalaureate with a passion for research and an interest in exploring integrative medicine, we encourage you to apply!
- Internships run from June 19–August 11, 2017
- Applications due March 10, 2017
- Notifications will be sent by March 31, 2017
Please email the following to Dr. Deanne Tibbitts:
- A current resume or CV
- A description of any past research experience, including paper, poster or presentation abstracts
- Two letters of reference (please ask your references to email these directly)
- Answers to these essay questions:
- What interests you about integrative medicine research?
- What are your career goals? How would this internship support those goals?
Application Deadline: March 10, 2017
Please note that living costs and wages are not included, as this is an unfunded internship program.
Contact: Deanne Tibbitts, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.552.1880