Source (sôrs, srs) n.
- The point at which something springs into being or from which it derives or is obtained.
- The point of origin, such as a spring, of a stream or river.
- One that causes, creates, or initiates; a maker.
- One, such as a person or document, that supplies information: A reporter is only as reliable as his or her sources.
- Physics: The point or part of a system where energy or mass is added to the system.
v. sourced, sourc·ing, sourc·es
This compendium of documents comprise the source materials describing the complex array of interconnecting individuals, groups and processes which support our mission fulfillment. Our Framework for Action (FFA) strategic plan includes the “Alignment Model” as well as the “Communications Model” which together help energize our operational and planning efforts. It also includes the most recent version of the FFA which presents our five key strategies for going forward. Implicit in those statements are specific strategic objectives which focus and organize our efforts across the next five years.
Our Case Statement, also aligned to our strategies, spells out the themes, purposes, goals and details of our capital/fundraising campaign during the 2017–2022 period. Finally, The Source includes the newest iteration of our university Bylaws and numerous background materials which set out the shifting interplay among governance and operational management of NUNM. We can refer to these documents to keep focused, find our way sometimes, to plan our route, to check our progress, to describe ourselves, and to identify what we believe in.