Epic Site Specialist
- Salary Range: $20.99 - $24.65 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: NUNM Health Centers
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for supporting Epic users as the application expert, end user documentation and support person in on-site technical support for testing and for maintaining the university’s electronic medical records through OCHIN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and Support Epic Duties:
- Know the application in the NUNM setting to support staff, faculty, private practitioner and students.
- Assist in maintaining and updating Epic documentation.
- Serve as a member of the clinic’s Epic Team to contribute to workflows, configuration/design decisions, and policy considerations as needed.
- Problem solve workflow or back end errors by analyzing user patterns and identifying training opportunities
- Work with Senior Epic Site Specialist in identifying areas for efficiencies in clinic operations, clinical practice support, lab and improved health outcomes.
- Provide daily support to Epic applications users through troubleshooting, coaching, and consulting and refer issues that require additional assistance to NUNM’s IT Department or OCHIN’s Help Desk.
- Assist in updating and managing system master files. Maintain user credentials.
- Assist in managing error queues, In Basket pools and FreshDesk tickets.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, lab staff and medicinary and in concert with established EMR processes on requests for additional labs, medications, diagnoses. Add procedures to preference lists.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and in concert with established EMR processes on requests for additional system-level charting tools — from the review process through follow-up communication to users.
- Collaborate with OCHIN in testing new features and upgrades prior to implementation.
- Attend weekly OCHIN Epic update meetings and OCHIN Site Specialist Workgroup meetings.
- Attend monthly OCHIN meetings with peers for best practices, information sharing to and providing OCHIN PM/EMR/IT resources, continuous training, and sharpening of support skills.
- Attend other workgroups as appropriate – Integration, Claims, Reporting, Operations.
- Create, design and distribute training material to resident director and super users and leads for training sessions for staff, faculty, private practitioners, community clinic volunteers and students.
- Coordinate and provide all necessary training documentation and organization to new staff, faculty and private practitioners, issue ID and password, and provide go-live support according to established processes.
- Attend clinical faculty meetings and provide system updates and assist in training as needed.
- Coach the user through creating their own system utilities and troubleshoot problems.
- Provide competency/efficiency training for existing users. Provide videotaped online learning for use on Moodle. Maintain current Moodle documentation.
- Review updates and service pack material from OCHIN and collaborate with super users to manage test patients and test providers in TES.
- Coordinate with clinic leadership and faculty to establish forums for interest-raising, problem-solving, or training topics, and provide expertise and any handouts to support events and sessions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with OCHIN and NUNM support teams to translate learnings and experiences into documentation, training aides, newsletters or other materials appropriate for NUNM.
- Attend OCHIN Learning Forum and Site Specialist trainings.
- Manage clinic hardware and ensure printers, transmittals and scanners are working correctly on a daily basis.
- Manage HIPAA compliance documentation, ensure supervisor signoff prior to user setup and deactivate students and staff in a timely manner.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree five (5) years’ experience with electronic health/medical records and/or practice management; with two years of adult learning/training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Familiarity with Epic software and naturopathic or Chinese medicine preferred.
Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and troubleshooting skills are essential to perform this job successfully. Ability to use a scanning software and hardware is necessary.
For more information please write to email@example.com