- Salary Range: $48,880 - $57,449 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Finance
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Provides support to the Executive Vice-President of Finance and Administration by providing timely and accurate preparation of monthly and fiscal year-end financial statements, account reconciliation, maintaining records of financial transactions, preparing financial reports, and supervising business office staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare JVs, reconcile bank statements, analyze and prepare spreadsheets, maintain records of the supporting detail to the financial statements in an orderly and consistent manner, and process all aspects of month end closings.
- Advise Executive Vice-President of Finance and Administration about investment opportunities as needed.
- Audit petty cash fund, manage the University’s cash accounts, resolve issues with banks and lending institutions as needed, maintain cash requirement reports, process Title IV and research cash draw downs.
- Assist management or their authorized staff with any questions regarding items of expenditures within their budgets.
- Manage the audit of the University’s accounts and assist auditors as necessary. Analyze and reconcile all balance sheet accounts and preparation of year-end adjusting journal entries and work papers.
- Supervise A/P Specialist to ensure the accuracy of accounts payable posting and timeliness of payment to vendors. Set up vendors in A/P System.
- Supervise and back-up Senior Accountant to ensure the accuracy of student account charges, including the posting of all cash receipts and the issuing of refund checks. Assist students as needed and approve student refunds.
- Works with the University Health Centers and other departments on month end reports and postings as needed. Work with Clinic Billing to balance Epic to the general ledger.
- Assist in the development of accounting policy and procedures, as well as fixed asset tagging system and internal accounting controls in the Health Centers.
- Work with Development to ensure accurate recording of gifts and pledges.
- Reconcile Restricted Funds.
- Reconcile SAS reports with DL Tools and Sonis on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that the cash management procedure of Title IV funds is in compliance with Federal requirements.
- Post payroll taxes.
- Develop and manage the Finance Department’s budget.
- Manage NUNM credit cards and cell phones.
- Liaise with Rental Agent.
- Manage the University Insurance renewals.
- Oversee forms 1098 and 1099.
- Oversee Unclaimed Property accounts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Accounting from a four year accredited college or university and four – five years’ experience in accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including one or more years of supervisory experience.
Non-Profit or Higher Education experience preferred.
For more information please write to email@example.com