- Salary Range: $16.73 - $19.65 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Business Office
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for accurate account statement reconciliations, the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports, management of student accounts and collection functions, maintaining petty cash, managing NUNM Postage machine and usage records and providing updated content for the NUNM Business Office Website polices and student fees and tuition information. In conjunction with the Assistant Controller, responsible for managing the accounting responsibilities of the business office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Office Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and reports
- Receive and prepare daily cash/credit card deposits for Courier pick-up
- Assist A/P Specialist in generating their work on schedule as needed and primary back-up for accounts payable.
- Responsible for posting of Title IV funds in compliance with Federal requirements.
- Assist auditors as needed.
- Manage Bowes machine, keeping current with pricing updates, refill postage meter, order supplies when needed, and upload account/postage usage records for monthly reports to CFO.
- Responsible for maintaining NUNM Website in regard to Business Office Policies
- Assist accounts payable specialist with institutional credit card reconciliation and payment if needed
- Track the reconciliation process by developing and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel as needed.
- Read copy machine usage for Journal Entry quarterly and deposit cash from designated copiers each term.
- Manage and reconciliation cell phone accounts at month-end.
- Reconciliation of specific accounts as requested by supervisor.
- Trace capital purchases made each quarter. Analyze whether a purchase qualifies as a fixed asset under NCNM guidelines and enter new qualified fixed assets into MIP accounting system. Perform audit of applicable fixed assets and dispose & maintain records on a quarterly schedule and year-end audit.
- Maintain liability and professional malpractice insurance documents for the CFO.
- Maintain responsibility for troubleshooting problems that occur within the accounting department and/or internal/external departments. Help to resolve problematic issues as needed.
- Update with County tax-related status of properties as needed.
- Maintain petty cash funds.
Student Accounts Responsibilities – managing the students accounts (over $20 million annually)
- Post tuition and all student fees to SONIS daily.
- Post financial aid into SONIS.
- Receive and post into MIP and SONIS all cash payments as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining NUNM Website in regard to all student fees and tuition
- Notify and bill students for any returned checks.
- Generate student billing statements as needed and verify information and distribute to student.
- Respond to questions from students, resolve billing issues and process corrections as needed.
- Process fees, Leave of Absence forms, and add/drop forms from the Registrar, post into SONIS as necessary and return forms to Registrar as requested.
- Analyze student accounts and prepare refund paperwork for Accounts Payable.
- Assist Business Assistant Controller in processing and posting refund checks into SONIS.
- Handle third-party billings for tuition, make payment arrangements with students and manage student files.
- Verify student data and prepare IRS 1098T forms at year end.
Student Tuition Collections Duties:
- Review accounts receivable aging for outstanding balances.
- Place student on appropriate hold as needed and notify student in writing.
- Notify enrolled students of payments due and due date.
- If not currently enrolled, commence collection process.
- Develop dunning letters and time line to collect past-due balances.
- Contact students by phone to attempt collection.
- Refer past-due balances to credit bureau as appropriate and to collection agency(s) as appropriate.
- Monitor performance of the collection agency process all paperwork related to collection agency.
- Reconcile and analyze Student A/R accounts, and make recommendations for CFO for Allowance of uncollectible debts.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college in Accounting and over 4 (four) years related Accounting/Bookkeeping experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in higher education business office preferred.
- Proficiency in ten-key, typing, Word, Excel required and Integrated Business Software e.g. (MIP, SONIS) experience preferred. Knowledge of debits, credits, collections, full charge bookkeeping process and working with student accounts a plus.
- Must be able to work with time restraints in a fast paced environment with strict attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org