- Hours: 35 hours per week, benefit eligible.
- Department: Marketing
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for the concept, design, photography and layout of a wide range of print and digital materials; obtaining print cost estimates and coordinating orders with printers; preparing files for printer; and conducting press checks. Photography duties include occasional evening and weekend events on campus and in the Portland metro area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for adhering to the NUNM brand in all projects. As instructed by the Art Director, responsible for the concept, design, photography and production of NUNM print and digital materials, which may include any of the following:
- course catalog, program brochures, annual report, newsletters and other major publications;
- collateral for clinics, admissions, development, continuing education, alumni affairs and academic departments;
- newspaper and magazine display ads, signs and posters, billboards, banners and other types of advertising;
- event-related signage, invitations, forms and other materials needed for event support;
- business cards, PDF fillable forms, and campus signage updates.
- Responsible for working with printers and other vendors, including cost estimates, awarding jobs, and continuing to build database of high quality printer/vendor options.
- Ability to work within an online project management system.
- Handle scanning requests.
- Organize photo assets and continually build/maintain photo archive.
- Skilled with photography and able to take professional headshots and photos of campus life and events.
- May be requested to attend meetings with internal clients to discuss concept and specs for projects.
- May be requested to process pre-press file preparations and attend press checks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and five (5) years’ experience as an in-house graphic designer, preferably in higher education, nonprofit or healthcare industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience with current PC graphic design and photo software (Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, etc). Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Experience working with a scanner.
- Extensive experience in photography using a dSLR and other professional photography equipment.
- Knowledge of the printing process and CMYK vs. RBG formats.
- Experience with videography and web/social media design is a plus.
- Must have a portfolio that shows both graphic design work and photography samples.
- Demonstrates excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to build effective relationships, and use diplomacy and tact when problem-solving
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple on-going projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction, work independently and/or work collaboratively required
- Knowledge of principles, procedures and practices of publication production, printing, page layout and ability to prepare documents for pre-press and do press checks is essential
Strong creative capabilities, with ability to adapt concepts and a focus on excellent graphic design as a function
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org