Information Center Coordinator
- Salary Range: $14.93 - $17.55 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Information Center
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Provides excellent customer service and phone support for the campus and health centers. Responsibilities include medical appointment scheduling, patient registration, insurance data entry, customer service, phone reception, maintenance of the campus directory, and maintenance of a complex scheduling system that encompasses over 60 medical providers and 250 medical students. Receives incoming calls and routes them to their proper destinations. Provides information about college departments and events to students, faculty, staff, and alumni. May provide backup coverage for clinic front desk staff. Must be able to work flexible hours if needed and attend required trainings and meetings. Spanish language speaking skill desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service, appointment setting, insurance and financial hardship verification, and general information regarding the university (programs and events) to the public. Continually learns and follows health center programs, provider specialties, clinic policies and procedures. Accesses information efficiently using multiple database systems including OCHIN’s Epic and other communication tools to provide a wide variety of information over the phone.
- First contact and primary telephone representative for the campus and health centers. Effectively answers, screens, and routes calls using a multiple line system. Handles phone calls in a professional, courteous, and calm manner. Utilizes excellent listening and problem solving skills in order to interpret the needs of the caller. Directs callers to appropriate extensions. Able to work under high call volume and handle customer scheduling requests professionally and efficiently. Promptly retrieves and returns voice mails throughout the work shift.
- Collects patient registration and insurance information over the phone and accurately enters into Epic system. Explains complex insurance and payment policies to a diverse population.
- Utilizes the phone system to relay messages, general in-house announcements, and other information as needed.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality service. Works well as a team member and on independent projects as requested. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills while interfacing with all levels of the organization.
- Maintains student and provider clinic shift schedules in Epic. Creates quarterly provider scheduling database that encompasses over 100 different provider shifts. Monitors templates for inconsistencies and works with other departments to resolve problems. Enters overbooking requests into Epic system.
- Maintains the college directory. Maintains accurate institutional phone records for all campus and clinic extensions. Maintains contact information for students, staff, and faculty who are assigned email addresses, pagers and cell phones.
- Maintains database of information that encompasses college departments and multiple clinic sites. Assists in developing information tools for support staff to use as a resource for customer service.
- Monitors clinical faculty calendars for absences on a regular basis, updates Epic templates with holidays and faculty leave requests, and notifies patients of any scheduling changes.
- Documents student absence notifications on Epic templates and notifies patients of any scheduling changes.
- Schedules non-teaching activities in the room-scheduling module. Informs Security, and others as needed, when events are scheduled outside regular business hours.
- Updates the community bulletin board and website calendar. Creates daily and weekly schedules for the bulletin boards.
- Trains new employees on topics such as the Epic system, appointment scheduling procedures, registration procedures, insurance procedures, and phone reception procedures.
- May provide backup coverage for clinic front desk staff. Responsibilities include essential duties of Patient Services Representatives.
- Participates in patient recruitment and retention strategies as well as health maintenance alert efforts.
- Assists in distributing Campus Mail.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of medical office experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Associate degree or higher level of education is preferred.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls with confidence
- Ability to attend required trainings and meetings
- Ability to use and answer multi-line phones efficiently
- Ability to screen and route calls in an accurate, timely, and professional manner
- Ability to respond to emotional situations promptly and professionally
- Ability to be calm and supportive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to procedural changes
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize Epic software program
- Must possess strong data entry and typing skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess excellent listening and problem-solving skills in order to interpret the needs of the caller
- Must possess an ability to exercise discretion, tact, and courtesy
- Demonstrated track record as a collaborative team player
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to deescalate aggressive or emotional callers
- Demonstrated ability to manage transference and counter transference issues related to callers, students, and faculty
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org