- Salary Range: $16.7. - $19.65 per hour
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Department: School of Graduate Studies
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position provides administrative support for the School of Graduate Studies and Helfgott Research Institute, including financial and program administration, office management and facilities operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Administration (40%)
- Assist the Director of Operations of SOGS and HRI with financial analysis, account management and reconciliation.
- Collect, track and record time sheets for contracted faculty and investigators.
- Assist in verifying the accuracy of faculty worksheets, contracts and addendums.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information including personnel salaries.
- Answer inquiries and provide information to faculty, students and staff on fiscal policies and procedures.
Administrative Assistance for the School of Graduate Studies and Helfgott Research Institute (40%)
- Provide administrative support.
- Assist with grant proposal preparation, submissions, budget planning and management.
- Assist with development and preparation of publications such as reports, brochures and invitations.
- Coordinate and track departmental hiring including job postings, interview scheduling, HR approvals and status forms.
- Collect credentials and other required materials from faculty.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
- Review and update the SOGS and Helfgott website as necessary in conjunction with the website manager. Assist in updating and distributing academic and research policies.
- Maintain summary of student and investigator projects, publications and presentations.
- Provide support for faculty in conjunction with or in the absence of the academic coordinator.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested.
Office and Facilities Management (20%)
- Anticipate and respond to facilities needs and requests, including management of common spaces, equipment and supplies.
- In the absence of deans or directors, serve as the responsible party for safety and facilities maintenance including both academic and research activities.
- Coordinate coverage for opening and closing the building. Provide coverage for absent workers when appropriate.
- Hire, train, and supervise student workers in order to provide front desk coverage and security the Helfgott building.
- Communicate up-to-date security and emergency response policies to the employees and students in the Helfgott building.
- Support campus security by reporting and responding to emergencies promptly and using sound judgment.
- Coordinate work with other departments and organizations. Assist in maintaining communication between SOGS/Helfgott and main campus administrative offices, faculty, students and others regarding departmental and program activities.
- Assist students, employees, volunteers and visitors with facilities-related questions and/or requests.
- Provide security coverage on the weekends and/or for special events.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and three years related experience with one year of employee supervision and budget monitoring experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information please write to email@example.com