Full-Time Faculty - Master of Science in Integrative Mental Health
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: School of Graduate Studies
- Closing Date: Open until filled
NUNM’s School of Graduate Studies is seeking a full-time academic faculty member to serve as Program Chair for the Master of Science in Integrative Mental Health program. Full-time academic faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality education to NUNM students. They perform instruction-related, clinical and other duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of the University. This individual will also be responsible for program development in preparation for accreditation through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Academic Education Duties:
- Teach/facilitate assigned educational experiences, including activities such as lecture, clinic, seminar, problem-based small group study and research.
- Develop and manage educational and evaluative experiences for a diverse student population.
- Collaborate with administrators and faculty in assessment of individual teaching effectiveness and the effectiveness of the curriculum while contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assess student learning outcomes and make or recommend appropriate course or program modifications based on results.
- Review, update, and maintain syllabi; post and maintain full-time office hours; establish and maintain student instructional records; submit grades in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit self-evaluations, reports and other documents as requested.
- Maintain familiarity with and comply with all NUNM policies and procedures.
Professional Development Duties:
- Maintain current credentials, content expertise and participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in NUNM’s faculty development plan.
- Participate in educational or clinical scholarship and/or research.
- Maintain an awareness of new instructional technology and advances in teaching and learning theory and practice, with particular attention to clinical education and adult learning.
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in the practice of natural medicine and/or other areas of content expertise as appropriate.
- Acquire new knowledge and skills for enhancing and developing instructional programs.
- Participate in formative and summative evaluation processes to insure excellence and continuous improvement as an educator and clinician.
- Prepare for and seek promotion in academic rank.
Professional Service Duties:
- Engage in activities that promote the cohesiveness of the learning community and/or enhance the relationship of the College with the broader community.
- Attend and participate in College meetings and functions including those of the academy, such as commencement and convocation.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and the Admissions Department to participate in the recruitment and evaluation of prospective students.
- Participate in College committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with members of the academic community in activities to ensure continuous quality improvement of the institution and its programs, such as participation in planning forums, preparation of institutional self-studies and related activities.
- Contribute professional skill, knowledge and expertise to a variety of activities in support of the College, community and natural medicine professions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- PhD in counseling education or psycholoogy
- Active licensed professional counselor (LPC) or licensed psychologist
- Five or more years of classroom experience as a faculty member in higher education
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Skill in lecturing and active teaching techniques
- Experience in course, curriculum and program design and development
- Knowledge of current trends in pedagogy
- Expertise instructing socioeconomically, educationally, and culturally diverse students
- Skill in using technology to effectively communicate with students, colleagues, and the community at large
- The ability to perform both independently and as a team member
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective, collaborative, and collegial relationships with colleagues, students, staff, administrators, alumni, and the public
- A drive to serve the natural medicine professions
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org