Student Life Program Manager
- Salary Range: $43,600 - $44,500 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Student Affairs
- Closing Date: Open until filled
In collaboration with the Dean of Students, this position will work to enhance the community, maintain traditions, foster leadership opportunities, facilitate communication between the campus and the department, and provide support and advocacy to students as they train in the art, science, and research of natural medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and produce robust co-curricular education initiatives and student programming focused on community building activities, civic engagement/service learning experiences, prevention education, multicultural/diversity awareness and interpersonal skill development in conjunction with student governance and other College entities. Negotiating contracts with vendors is expected. Efforts should foster retention and complement the academic mission of the College.
- Direct and coordinate New Student Orientations and Commencement ceremonies.
- Serve as the primary advisor and liaison to Student Government Association, proving budget oversight and support with student government activities and programming. The Dean of Students serves as a co-advisor.
- Create and implement student leadership training and opportunities for the general student population, programming for professional development and support for student clubs/organizations.
- Recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of student staff (work study) in the Office of Student Life.
- Track and manage the department budget with oversight from the Dean of Students.
- Serve to successfully connect students to on, or off campus resources and support services as appropriate.
- Serve on College committees dedicated to improving student satisfaction and retention as available and needed.
- Attend relevant professional development opportunities.
- Make recommendations to the Dean of Students on innovative improvements to the quality of student services for all students.
- Serve as the project manager for revising the Student handbook and Policy Stat Database.
- Produce a Student Life weekly newsletter.
- Manage and assign student lockers
- Assist students with tabling in hallways and booking rooms in support of their events.
- Manage daily office operations and ordering
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field
- At least 3 years working in Higher Education, preferably in Student Life
- Demonstrated undergraduate experience as a student leader or student activity involvement
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A master’s degree in student development, student personnel, higher education administration or related field is preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing student leadership programs and/or civic engagement opportunities preferred
- Experience with evaluating and assessing student learning in co-curricular settings preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be able to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to apply student development theory into practice, more specifically related to student engagement and leadership development
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with students
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate standard office computer proficiency
- Experience with multifaceted event promotion strategies
- Regular office hours include event and weekend work as needed.
- Visibility and accessibility are essential to this position and regular interaction with students is expected Highly organized
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Maintain a student centered ethos