- Salary Range: $16.75 - $18.90 per hour
- Hours: 35 hours per week, benefit eligible.
- Department: Helfgott Research Institute
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position will coordinate and participate in clinical research studies conducted by an NUNM principal investigator, with activities involved in collection, compilation, documentation, and analysis of clinical research data, and assist the Director of Research with departmental activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and assists in performing study activities related to NUNM’s research projects, grants, contracts, and collaborations.
- Assists in preparing research grant applications, protocols, consent forms, data collection instruments, tracking tools, procedure manuals, Institutional Review Board (IRB) reports, and other internal and external reports.
- Coordinate and participate in data collection and management, implement procedures to collect data from medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests, and other sources and code, record, and evaluate collected data. Prepare appropriate documentation for data collection procedures.
- Coordinate the development of forms, questionnaires, and study documents and assist in writing procedure manual for study protocol and data collection and coding.
- Assist principal investigator in evaluation and interpretation of collected clinical data and prepare reports, presentations, and analysis of data depicting progress, trends, recommendations, and conclusions. Collaborate on the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- Coordinate collection of samples and specimens for laboratory analysis, ensure compliance with study protocols and requirements of regulatory agencies and identify compliance problems, monitor participants’ progress, and document and report compliance issues and adverse events as appropriate.
- Identify and assist in the preparation, submission, and implementation of protocol revisions and modifications to the study design.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and other training for professional and job development.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Travels to local collaborating facilities as required for study coordination and performance.
- Establishes and maintains successful working relationships with a variety of professional groups and individuals.
- Serves as a liaison to federal regulating agencies, IRB’s, sponsors, funding agencies, vendors, research partners, and campus departments.
- Understands and implements NUNM’s Research Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requires bachelor’s degree, with course work in research or research design, and three years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work experience desired includes experience in a clinical setting and experience with a clinical (human) research project. Good writing, communication, and organizational skills are necessary as well as the ability to work well in a team-setting and with medical students.