- Salary Range: $42,000 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Admissions
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position serves as the primary point of contact for prospective students throughout the admission processes, such as student recruitment, evaluation of applicants, development and cultivation of relationships with key colleges to align pre-requisites and paving the way for future articulation agreements and partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thoroughly understand NUNM, degree programs, and student experience.
- Develop and manage a measurable recruitment plan, in consultation with the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, which identifies colleges, universities, community groups, or other pre-health organizations interested in natural medicine and will include the use of the NUNM community (faculty, students, alumni, and others in your strategy).
- Develop a relationship development strategy with pre-health advisors and other community groups or pre-health organizations.
- Research and understand region awareness of natural medicine and implement a personal recruitment and communication strategy to educate and inform the public on the degree programs and field.
- Implement a communication plan to develop a relationship with prospective students, applicants and admitted candidates.
- Collect data on and evaluate plan effectiveness through surveys, focus groups, and matriculation rate and track the level of student interaction in the university’s systems.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key personnel at targeted colleges and universities with the goal of aligning their curriculum with our pre-requisites and/or establish a foundation for articulation agreements.
- Gradually increase the number of applications and matriculates within an assigned territory or region.
- Fall and spring recruitment travel around the U.S. and Canada visiting several events a week (roughly 8-11 weeks of travel/year) which includes working and connecting at university/college fairs on national and local levels, conducting or hosting pre-health program visits, prospective student information sessions, and health fairs for the community. Recruitment travel also includes ongoing evaluation of activities.
- May assist Director of Admissions & Recruitment in coordinating and implementing assigned aspects of admissions marketing and outreach and be responsible for researching and drafting recruitment material for prospective students and interested applicants to NUNM.
- Serve as an advocate for prospective students throughout the admission process until matriculation.
- Coordinate new, transfer, second-degree, and international, admission processes.
- Serve as a member of the Admission Committee, to evaluate application files to determine eligibility for campus interview and conduct the interview of selected applicants. This process includes reviewing the application for admission, ensure prerequisites have been met, completing grade point calculations for overall course work and, pre-requisite science courses, providing appropriate admissions interview documents for the interview and complete the process by providing the proper documentation, based on the final decision, to the applicant and to the office to process.
- Maintain accurate records in database and hard files and regularly performs quality control checks on student files to assure compliance with institutional, state, and federal record-keeping provisions and compliance with current enrollment standards.
- Work and coordinate with other admissions staff members on office functions/projects and outreach programs as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with FERPA, and other federal and state laws.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
One (1) or more years of graduate admissions experience and/or a Master’s degree in higher education administration, college student personnel, or related field preferred.
Radius CRM experience a plus