Adjunct Faculty - Careers in Integrative Health Sciences: Who Are You and What Do You Want to Do?
- Salary Range: Approx. $1040 per credit
- Department: School of Undergraduate Studies
- Closing Date: 10/31/2017
NUNM’s School of Undergraduate Studies is seeking an adjunct academic faculty member to develop and teach the Careers in Integrative Health Sciences course.
Adjunct faculty members perform instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of the University and appropriate to the individual assignment. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor and facilitator of learning.
Course Name: Careers in Integrative Health Sciences: Who Are You and What Do You Want to Do?
Term: Winter 2017/2018 (1/8/2018-3/31/2018; course development Fall 2017)
Course Credits: 2
Experts suggest that many students completing their education today will find themselves in careers that did not exist 10 years ago. Identifying a career in integrative health sciences that fits talents and skills as well as interests is not always straightforward. This interactive course equips students with career planning skills that they can use immediately or in the future.
Outcomes. At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Investigate a broad range of career options within the field of nutrition
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in your field of interest
- Explain what knowledge, skills, and attitudes are needed for potential careers
- Develop a career map that outlines steps (education, experience, and professional development) required to attain a meaningful career
NOTE: This is a face to face course at the NUNM campus in Portland, Oregon
Applicants must have education, experience, skill and knowledge in the area they will be teaching. Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred. This is a face to face course so the applicant must live in our within commuting distance to Portland, Oregon, USA.
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org