Instructional Technology Coordinator
- Salary Range: $14.93 - $17.55 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Instructional Design and Technology
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position coordinates support and maintenance for all audiovisual equipment on campus. This position provides training and assistance for faculty, staff, and students who utilize audiovisual equipment or software. This position also provides media production services, including live streaming, live webinar production, video recording, video editing, lecture capture software management, and publication of audio and video resources. Media production services may be provided for (but are not limited to) academic classes, evening seminars, weekend conferences, or promotional videos created for marketing and admissions purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide live streaming and/or video recording services for academic classes, weekend conferences, training seminars, staff meetings, or other events as assigned.
- Provide customer support and other support services for online platforms utilized to sell video recordings or other educational materials
- Provide customer support and technical assistance for students or attendees who participate in live streaming events or live webinars
- Assist and train faculty, staff, and students in the proper and effective use of instructional technology such as projectors, microphones, document cameras, audio systems, video cameras, lecture capture software, and classroom podium controls
- Utilize lecture capture software and/or hardware to schedule and produce classroom video recordings
- Make, edit, copy, convert, and publish audiovisual recordings in a variety of different formats.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning electronic equipment, systems, and components; schedule timely equipment maintenance; research equipment and/or system purchases.
- Receive, schedule and fulfill audiovisual equipment or service reservation requests.
- Continually evaluate and improve audiovisual equipment and systems to ensure they are meeting the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
- Keep abreast of current trends and innovations in audiovisual and instructional technology.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department for network connectivity, security assistance, or other IT issues that affect classroom instructional technology or event video production.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Associate degree or higher level of education is preferred.
Prefer experience with audiovisual equipment such as video cameras, microphones, audio production soundboards, remote camera controllers, and Extron video distribution systems.
Prefer experience with software such as Microsoft Excel, Adobe Connect, Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, Kaltura, Wordpress, Moodle, or any other similar software platforms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional qualifications required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical equipment and systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as collegially with other staff members.
- Ability to report to more than one supervisor.
- Excellent prioritization skills needed.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org