Student Affairs Administrative Assistant
- Salary Range: $14.93 - $17.55 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: Student Affairs
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Provide overall office administrative and clerical support for the Office of Student Affairs and AVP/Dean of Students by providing support to enhance the community, maintain traditions, facilitate communications and advocate for and provide support to students as they train in the art, science and research of natural medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage front office area including greeting constituents both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain and schedule appointments, meetings and travel arrangements for the Dean of Students
- Provide direct appointment and clerical support for Student Success Staff; Student Activities staff; and Counseling Staff
- Manage communication from the Office of Student Affairs including but not limited to student housing, newsletters, fliers, bulletin board postings, student announcements, surveys, workshops and events.
- Assist in the recruiting and scheduling student work-study, including hiring, training and supervision of work study students on office projects. Oversee timesheet approvals for student work-study.
- Manage budgetary items such as office and event supply ordering.
- Oversee procedures and delivery of student services including remote room coordination, locker assignments, room scheduling for student and Student Affairs events.
- Provide administrative assistance in organizing college events including: New Student Orientation; Graduation Commencement; and Academic Convocations.
- Assist staff with programs such as disability services, student government and activities.
- Assist staff with long-term strategic planning. This includes developing long-term departmental goals and collecting student services information for accreditation purposes.
- Provide minute taking and clerical support at meetings.
- Process all student requests, maintaining student confidentiality and timely response in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Provide assistance in maintaining compliance with related federal and state laws, accreditation standards, and professional association guidelines.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide student referrals for inquiries, needs and requests.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and three years of administrative experience, preferably in a higher education setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects and demands in a high traffic office with fluidity and accuracy while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and organizational skills are essential, along with a proven ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Strong data entry skills.
For more information please write to email@example.com