NUNM cultivates teaching, research and patient care, providing an exceptional learning environment for medical students—an ideal terrain for industry partners that want to become aligned with the professions we serve. NUNM Partners enjoy access to newly minted doctors and medical students who are launching medical practices in the Pacific Northwest and throughout the United States and Canada. Affiliation with the country’s premier natural medicine university and access to alumni and students are part of the ROI of a partnership with NUNM.
NUNM at a Glance
- A nonprofit university of natural medicine, NUNM offers medical education programming in naturopathic and classical Chinese medicine, and in related health sciences disciplines. This includes 11 exceptional accredited degree programs—eight postgraduate degrees and three undergraduate degrees.
- NUNM’s 20-year master plan, approved by the city of Portland in 2011, projects that the university’s southwest Portland campus footprint will triple in size from 2016 to 2019 and will include a new state-of-the-art library.
- NUNM has more than 550 students and 2,800 alumni. Enrollment is expected to continue to grow.
- NUNM Health Centers, Lair Hill and Beaverton locations, are Tier 4 Patient-Centered Primary Care Homes (PCPCH)—a top-level certification from the state of Oregon.
- NUNM’s College of Classical Chinese Medicine, established in 1995, provides the most comprehensive classical Chinese medicine training in the U.S.
- There are more naturopathic physicians (NDs) per capita in Oregon than anywhere else in the United States. The scope of practice for NDs in Oregon is the most comprehensive in the U.S.
- NUNM’s Helfgott Research Institute is home to world-renowned research investigators who champion critical studies in natural medicine. Students and faculty collaborate on research and
interdisciplinary studies funded by the National Institutes of Health, winning scientific awards and getting published in peer-reviewed journals.
Multi-Year Projects & Naming Opportunities
- Sponsor One of Our Five Top Priorities
- Student Scholarships
- Student Residency Fund
- Faculty Research Awards
- Endowed Academic Professorships
- Academic Building Restoration
- Naming Opportunities in the Heart of the Learning Experience
- New Academic Building: $15 million
- Library & Student Life Center: $4 million
- Center for Natural Brain Health Research: $3.5 million
- Center for Integrative Primary Care: $1.5 million
- Center for Natural Diabetes Care Research: $1 million
- Campus Student Welcome Center: $200,000
- Scholarship in Natural Medicine Research: $25,000
- Naming Opportunities for Clinic Services, Student Life, and Campus Services
- Health Center at Lair Hill: $1.5 million
- Health Center Medicinary & Patient Lobby Restoration: $125,000
- Whole Life Market: $100,000
- Women’s Health Wing: $100,000
- IV Therapy Treatment Room: $45,000
- Conference Rooms: $20,000 each
- Treatment Rooms: $5,000 each
- Sponsor an NUNM Institute
- Age Wise Institute
- Inspired Living Series
- Healthy Aging for Professionals Series
- Traditional Roots Institute
- Hands on Medicine Evenings (HOME) Series
- Forest Park Herb Walks
- Women in Balance Institute
- Cooking Classes for Women’s Health
- Preconception to Postpartum Series
- Food as Medicine Institute
- Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) Series
- FAME at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility
- Age Wise Institute
- Campus Beautification
- Campus Permaculture Food Forest: $175,000
- Outdoor Patios: $100,000
- Campus Murals Project: $45,000
- Paint Interior of Academic Building: $30,000
- Legacy Brick in Min Zidell Garden: $100
We’d also love to partner with you to create your own special project with high visibility, such as Charlee’s Teaching Kitchen sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill, the Min Zidell Healing Garden, and Betty Radelet Hall! Let’s get started!
For more information about our Partners Program and details about benefits, please contact Elysia Nelson, Interim Director of Development, 503-552-1540.