The Dr. Diipali Barrett scholarship will be awarded to one student enrolled in the Naturopathic and/or Master of Science in Integrative Medicine Research (MSiMR) programs in the amount of $5,000. This scholarship was established to honor the life and work of Diipali (Deborah) Barrett, ND. Dr. Barrett was an NCNM (now NUNM) alumna and faculty member and was dedicated to the building of a social and cultural framework of equality that promotes ecological awareness – a framework that supports the fulfillment of the mental, physical, and spiritual needs of all. The scholarship will be evenly distributed over Fall, Winter and Spring terms from the Financial Aid Office.
Additional Scholarship Criteria
- In addition to the core eligibility criteria, applicants must be current registered full-time students in the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine and/or Master of Science in Integrative Medicine Research (MSiMR) programs demonstrating social responsibility working individually and in collective effort.
- Student must show a record of demonstrated service:
- projects supporting ecologically sustainable efforts;
- promotion of political, social, or cultural equity;
- support of the spiritual, mental, and physical needs of individuals or populations.
In 470-500 words, describe your service to the community in projects supporting ecological, political, social, or equity issues. Describe how these efforts support the spiritual, mental, and physical needs of individuals or populations. Discuss how you envision the continuation and/or expansion of your efforts in these areas once you have completed your degree.