The Dr. Robert Sklovsky Memorial Scholarship is awarded to one student in the amount of $5,000. Its purpose is to enrich NUNM’s learning community by recognizing and supporting outstanding students from underrepresented populations that include consideration of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and socio-economic status. This scholarship invests in the inherent value of all people and recognizes that a healthy community includes individuals from various backgrounds, with diverse talents, interests, and life experiences. This scholarship honors diversity. The scholarship will be evenly distributed over Fall, Winter and Spring terms from the Financial Aid Office.
All registered students qualify for this scholarship.
- Student must meet NUNM’s academic achievement standards and be in good standing.
- Student must meet NUNM’s enrollment requirements.
- Student from diverse populations that traditionally have been underrepresented on our campus, including but not limited of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and socio-economic status, as well as those students who bring unique life experiences and backgrounds and have a strong commitment to diversity and the concept of embracing difference.
Select one to answer in 470-500 words:
- Given your own diversity, describe how receipt of this award will promote diversity within the student community.
- Describe the importance of diversity to your academic discipline.
- What do you see as the value of equity in education?
Submission deadline: May 31, 2021
Sorry. This form is no longer available.