Academic Coordinator - School of Graduate Studies
- Salary Range: $14.93 - $17.55 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: School of Graduate Studies
The Academic Coordinator provides administrative support and coordination for faculty, orientation of new faculty members, academic software support, assists in the day-to-day operations of the School of Graduate Studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Faculty Support Duties
- Provide general faculty support and assistance as needed.
- Post and distribute faculty office hours. Maintain student and faculty contact information and classroom schedules.
- Prepare and distribute policies and pre-term information to all faculty, including procedure updates and academic calendar information.
- Review and ensure that course syllabi meet current requirements, request corrections from and make updates as needed.
- Coordinate with the NUNM Testing Center for administration of make-up and accommodation exams.
- Collect textbook information from faculty and enter textbook information into SONIS to ensure Higher Education Opportunity Act textbook compliance. Verify all textbook information prior to upload.
- Coordinate with both faculty and the NUNM Registrar to ensure Higher Education Opportunity Act textbook compliance.
- Create, implement and distribute quarterly course evaluations.
- Notify students of course evaluation requirements and timeframes, enforce evaluation policy.
- Process IT requests and work orders for faculty.
Administrative/Academic Coordination Duties
- Assist staff and faculty in conducting the day-to-day business of the School of Graduate Studies.
- Respond to a wide variety of requests from students and faculty concerning issues such as supplies, policies, exams and timeframes.
- Document academic procedures, assist in reviewing and updating and academic policies.
- Order, obtain and distribute teaching, office and laboratory supplies.
- Responsible for regular collection of updated faculty CVs.
- Maintain lists of student and investigator projects, publications and presentations used for accreditation.
- Coordinate or assist with inter-departmental and community events.
- Schedule and publicize student thesis defense presentations.
- With the Assistant to the Dean, organize and schedule departmental and faculty and meetings for the SOGS. Attend meetings and take meeting minutes as requested.
- Associate’s degree or high school/GED plus at least 2.5 years office experience, preferably in an academic or research setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience working with databases, course management, scheduling and reference management software strongly preferred.
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org