- Salary Range: $16.73 - $18.70
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Marketing
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for creating dynamic, well-written copy for NUNM’s digital and social platforms, including managing and editing faculty and student blog content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with marketing and admissions to understand enrollment priorities and support these goals.
- Create compelling copy for websites, email communications, social media, and blogs using AP style.
- Interview students and faculty for blog content.
- Utilize SEO best practices in all web content to boost NUNM’s web presence.
- Create content schedule for blogs and work with diverse stakeholders to ensure clear and relevant content.
- Edit, proofread and/or fact check digital editorial content, ensuring consistency and clarity in NUNM’s brand voice.
- Review and edit content generated by other departments to ensure clarity and consistency of NUNM’s brand voice and goals.
- Maintain content calendar.
- Update content on WordPress websites.
- Build emails in Constant Contact.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field. Minimum 1–2 years of experience as a content writer, preferably in higher education, nonprofit or healthcare industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Stellar writing skills
- Experience creating content for digital platforms
- Ability to take instruction and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Flexible approach: able to easily adapt to creative direction changes and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully work with multi-functional teams to deliver quality content
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Ability to start and complete projects independently; and meet deadlines
- Experience working in WordPress and Constant Contact is a bonus
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org