Food As Medicine Institute (FAMI) Physician
- Salary Range: $29.00 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: Campus Development
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Food as Medicine Institute (FAMI) physician will work in cooperation with the FAMI Lead Physician and Coordinator in order to deliver community-based and professional nutrition education programming. The FAMI physician will facilitate the 12-week evidence-based Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) series at various community locations. Facilitation will include both overseeing and training NUNM students in the hands-on cooking and delivery of the program. In addition, the FAMI physician will plan and implement of the annual Food as Medicine Symposium in conjunction with the Continuing Education and Development departments. Responsibilities will also include communication and necessary development with community partners of both current and potential FAMI programs, including the FAME series, FAME Educator training, Food as Medicine Symposium, and FAMI Alliance. Efforts should include identifying opportunities for sustainable program development and enhancing NUNM student and alumni opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Community Teaching and Outreach
- Facilitate and teach the FAME series at various locations, including but not limited to NUNM’s Charlee’s Kitchen, scheduled year- round (quarterly) and typically in the evening.
- Facilitate, teach, and/or attend additional community-based nutrition classes, and professional or public events to promote FAMI and NUNM.
- Work in cooperation with the Lead Physician in the development, marketing, execution, and maintenance of current and new programs, including the FAME Educator training.
- Assist the Lead Physician with maintaining the FAMI Alliance.
Website and Social Media
- Assist the FAMI Coordinator with maintaining the FAMI website; including marketing material requests, ongoing updates, and registration for events.
- Identify, develop, and submit professional and relevant information for FAMI social media use, including Facebook, Instagram, and the FAMI blog in a manner consistent with the FAMI social media content calendar.
Food As Medicine Symposium
- Work with the FAMI team to identify annual symposium theme, speakers (professional and public), and vendors.
- Maintain organization of symposium details working within task timelines to assist with planning, marketing, and weekend of event tasks.
Assist as needed with work study student recruitment, interviews, hiring, and training. Serve as a secondary work study supervisor
Naturopathic degree required from an accredited institution and one (1) year experience of program coordination and project management; collecting data, analyzing outcomes and presenting reports; leading and organizing roles for students on a team; proven record of leadership in community building or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent public speaking, teaching, and workshop facilitation skills, and demonstrated focus on nutrition and community health related to chronic disease prevention
Knowledge of Word and Excel experience required and Filemaker Pro, Publisher, PageMaker experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated ability to work with and show a commitment to students, faculty, and the general public in terms of community education offerings development and promotion.
For more information please write to email@example.com