Food As Medicine Institute (FAMI) Nutrition Coordinator
- Salary Range: $16.75 - $19.00 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Campus Development
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Food as Medicine Institute (FAMI) Nutrition Coordinator will work with and in support of FAMI Lead Physician and Physician in order to coordinate and deliver community based and professional nutrition education programming. The FAMI Nutrition Coordinator will have the opportunity to facilitate and teach the 12-week evidence-based Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) series at certain community locations. Coordination of the FAME series will include supervising and training NUNM work study students, communicating with FAME Educators and community partners, managing the FAME book supply, and Bob’s Red Mill whole grain donation. The FAMI Nutrition Coordinator will also plan, manage, and implement the annual Food As Medicine Symposium, working in partnership with other departments as needed. This position will also include administrative duties, and regular marketing and public education regarding the FAMI programs, including the FAME series, FAME Educator training, Food as Medicine Symposium, and FAMI Alliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FAME series coordination
- Coordinate quarterly FAME series sites. Maintain communication with FAME Educators regarding scheduling, works study students, whole grain donations, and FAME book supply.
- Facilitate and execute FAME series marketing and registration, including website, flyers, social media and other outreach.
- Recruit, interview, train, and supervise FAMI work study students for the FAME series, and other FAMI activities as needed. Maintain current email list of interested students. Maintain communication with students throughout the quarter.
- Manage FAME book supply and ordering through the NUNM Press.
- Manage Bob’s Red Mill whole grain donation ordering, pick-up, and storage
Community Teaching and Outreach
- Facilitate and teach the FAME series at certain community locations as determined by the Lead Physician, scheduled year- round (quarterly) and typically in the evening.
- Facilitate, teach, and/or attend additional community-based nutrition classes or other events to promote FAMI and NUNM.
Marketing, Website, and Social Media
- Maintain the FAMI website, including program updates, registration pages, news, blog, and overall website content.
- Provide relevant nutrition information for FAMI social media use, including Facebook, Instagram, and the FAMI blog in a manner consistent with the FAMI social media content calendar.
- Maintain marketing department requests for website updates and print material.
Food as Medicine Symposium
- Assist the FAMI physicians to identify an annual symposium theme, speakers (professional and public), and vendors.
- Maintain organization of symposium details working within task timelines to plan, market, and execute the weekend of event tasks.
- Maintain professional communicate with speakers and vendors in conjunction with FAMI physicians and the CE department.
- Manage marketing material creation, distribution, and outreach, including print material, website, and social media marketing.
- Recruit, hire, and train work-study students to assist with the symposium
- Manage specific day of event tasks as determined by the FAMI team.
- Assist with additional program development and execution as needed.
- Serve as primary supervisor for FAMI work-study students
- Answer and respond to FAMI phone/voicemail, and/or FAMI Facebook, or Instagram messages as appropriate.
- Record FAMI budget expenses and revenue
- Schedule meetings as needed for inter and intradepartmental meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Master Degree in Nutrition, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent public speaking, teaching, and/or workshop facilitation skills, with demonstrated focus on nutrition and community health related to chronic disease prevention.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience working with databases and other business software strongly preferred.
For more information please write to email@example.com