Evening and Weekend Library Supervisor
- Salary Range: $13.97 - $16.29 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: Library
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Evening and Weekend Library Supervisor provides circulation and reference service during evening and weekend hours, assists other library staff in the maintenance of library collections (physical and electronic), including cataloging and processing new materials, and works on special projects as needed. This position is scheduled to begin in August of 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform reference and circulation services during evening and weekend shifts.
- Assist in collection management, cataloging, and management of serials.
- Teach bibliographic instruction/user education and provide tours as opportunities arise.
- Perform database searches.
- Troubleshoot library’s computers and other technology, including providing assistance to patrons.
- Participate in the creation of handouts and subject guides.
- Supervise and train work study students during evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required and two years of library experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A familiarity with basic library services, including circulation, reference, and cataloging and knowledge of and experience with web based library resources, database searching, and general computer applications.
- Current enrollment in MLS program preferred.
- Experience in an academic or medical library setting with coursework in library science desired.
For more information please write to email@example.com