Graduate Medical Education Coordinator
- Salary Range: $16.73 - $19.65 per hour
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Department: College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Coordinates administrative activities for the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program and provide administrative assistance to the Associate Dean of Residency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain confidential personnel records and files.
- Serve as back up for the Associate Dean of Residency and faculty support office as needed.
- Attend and maintain minutes for the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Update and maintain GME web pages in coordination with NUNM webmaster
- May be required to participate in College activities on weekends or outside normal business hours.
Clinical Support Duties
- Assist with finding substitute coverage for absent clinical faculty and residents.
- Maintain and submit for Associate Dean’s signature records of all substitute coverage for payroll additions/ subtractions on a monthly basis.
GME Maintenance and Development Duties
- Maintain residency application updates and assist with residency application and interview process, including scheduling candidates for interviews and providing support to GMEC.
- Assist the Associate Dean in organizing and conducting the annual NUNM new resident orientation.
- Provide organizational and administrative support for on-site and off-site residents.
- Maintain communication and paperwork tracking system for all sites and residents. Review quarterly and semi-annual paperwork to identify areas of concern.
- Support communication between the distant site supervisor and resident when discussion is needed.
- Assist with tracking and logging of all GME documentation, including updating the GME manual as needed.
- Assist the Associate Dean with scheduling of on-site resident evaluations meetings. Coordination of paperwork, reviews, and CNME certificate applications for on-site and off-site residents.
- Provide annual notification to the OBNM and state licensing boards in all states with NUNM distant site residents regarding fulfillment of continuing education requirements.
- Assist with quality improvement programs that include outcome studies of GME program satisfaction.
- Assist in the development of distant GME sites by answering potential new site questions and maintaining informational packets as needed.
- Organizing the onboarding process for new GME sites
- Assist in the coordination of site visits.
- Maintain and update the CNME database.
- Assist the Associate Dean in maintenance of accreditation guidelines for distant site GME programs and ongoing program analysis for improvements and development.
- Assist with maintaining CNME’s NUNM resident database for accreditation purposes.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of naturopathic medicine or clinical residency programs is preferred. Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and troubleshooting skills are essential to perform this job successfully.