Health Center Programs Coordinator
- Salary Range: $14.93 - $17.55
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Community Health Centers
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for supporting the Health Centers’ Programs, which includes the Community Health Centers, SIBO Center, Diabetes Prevention Program, and other programs with administrative tasks. Additionally, this position includes training and supervising work-study students; supporting residents and attending physicians; and new Health Center site set up. The role will also serve as a liaison with community partners and support the planning, direction and coordination of Health Center programs and services. This role supports the Director of Health Center Programs in creating and implementing SOPs, data management, policies and procedures to address programs and services, along with other administrative duties and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, train and schedule Community Health Centers work study students for the America Reads Program. Update America Reads calendar on a quarterly basis, approve time sheets and manage duties and responsibilities and provide ongoing training and support.
- Collaboratively works with multiple departments by providing a high level of administrative support to launch, implement, and sustain trainings, events, and activities of Health Center Programs.
- In collaboration with health center directors, serve as a Liaison with community partners.
- Assists the Director of Health Center programs in compiling reports relating to budget, expense and patient data along with planning and directing programs and services.
- Assists with development and delivery of educational materials and manuals and other SOPs.
- Assists with new quarter orientation and training materials for new residents and students.
- Assists patients, doctors, and students with identifying and accessing resources.
- Participates in outreach and promotional events for the Health Center Programs.
- Supports other health centers departments as needed.
- Updates Moodle, Woo Commerce, and submit Zendesk tickets to update the Community Health Centers website with new forms and Health Center hours.
- Supports the updating, review, and evaluation of all forms at each Community Health Center on a regular basis. Coordinates with Director of Operations to standardize systems and forms.
- Processes donations of medical supplies for ND and CCM shifts at Community Health Centers.
Four year Bachelor’s degree and one or more years’ experience in an academic medical environment or social services working with low-income patient population; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with program support, project management, and healthcare settings is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiar with project management disciplines.
- Implement strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Attend workshops/trainings in the area of social services and community health etc.
- Experience serving diverse and multicultural populations.
- Ability to be alert and respond to urgent/emergency situations, including emotional situations by notifying appropriate supervisory personnel or if possible, correct and then report and situations which result in patient discomfort.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment and make sound decisions in those moments.
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task in a calm, positive and professional demeanor in a fast paced office environment.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours that may include weekends and attend required trainings and meetings.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, conflict resolution and professional diplomacy when interacting with doctors, clinical supervisors, students, patients and co-workers.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented as well as maintain a broad awareness.
- Knowledge of Window applications and programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and a variety of software applications.
- Possess accurate data entry skills.
- Have working knowledge of office machines that include 10-key, cash register, credit card / debit machines, photocopier, facsimile and postage meter.
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts. Strong cash handling skills to include: balancing cash drawer, accurate charge of services, preparing nightly deposits and daily cash reports, counting back change to customers, and accounting for all Medicinary receipts, service summaries and medical records.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and medical records maintenance.
- Knowledge of FERPA and protecting educational information of students.
- Ability to learn electronic health records system (EPIC) and train others as needed.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and automobile liability insurance.