Administrative Accounting Specialist
- Salary Range: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Human Resources
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position provides administrative support and coordination for multiple functional areas within the Human Resources and Finance Division. Work with the Deans and VP of HR in the administration of the faculty compensation program. Maintain confidential and complex faculty compensation worksheets, execute the contracts and coordinate the signature process for payment. This position is responsible for processing accounts payable and maintaining accounts payable records for the University. Provides fiscal budgeting support to the CFO in terms of faculty contracts and university expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Faculty Contract Responsibilities
- Ensure effective management of completed full-time and adjunct faculty contracts by working with the program deans to create, coordinate and maintain new and existing FT faculty contracts, Adjunct contracts per term and during unexpected changes.
- Act as an information conduit by facilitating communication and collaboration among the University deans, faculty, and the HR office.
- Work with the CFO and the program deans in the alignment of faculty salary line items.
- Prepare quarterly reports for the CFO related to faculty budgets and salaries.
- Function with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion and judgement working with highly confidential information, salary contract information, financial data and reports.
- Process weekly vendor payments, analyze vendor accounts, and reconcile vendor statements
- Answer all vendor inquiries and process credit applications
- Maintain vendor files, update/obtain w-9 information as needed
- Maintain archived files, work with shredding company as needed updating account, scheduling additional service
- Maintain mailroom Pitney Bowes machine account provide monthly reports to CFO
- Manage and order office supplies/coffee for suite, act as liaison for service providers/vendors; set up new accounts for other depts.
- Input all cash receipt info into accounting software for clinic billing/bookstore/business office/medicinary
- Prepare and mail 1099 forms at end of year to vendors
- Prepare and submit all unclaimed property, maintain records of contact
- Manage outstanding checks report contacting vendors/payee’s to mitigate future unclaimed properties
- Assist auditors as needed, pull records for test of financials
- Maintain and pay corporate credit cards, manage accounts and detail transactions for prep to CFO
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s preferred) and three years of experience in accounting, project management support and customer relations (preferably in an academic setting) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have strong Microsoft Office Skill especially Excel to prepare contracts, correspondence and reports.
- Have experience using databases including data entry and report generation.
- Independently prepares confidential and sensitive documents, contracts and/or correspondence.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and in integrating information in the completion of assignments.
- Demonstrates organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with office management practices, filing techniques and standard operating procedures.
- This position requires independence, creativity and the ability to work with a diverse staff.
- Knowledge of natural medicine and the natural medicine external community is preferred.
- Project a positive image of the University both internally and externally.