Nutrition Internship Coordinator
- Salary Range: $14.93 – $17.55 per hour
- Hours: 10 hours per week
- Department: School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Develops and coordinates nutrition internships for the Master of Science in Nutrition program. Provides administrative support for the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain internship and volunteer information through the CSM Symplicity software (MyCareer).
- Provide information on available internships and other resources including upcoming events, local volunteer opportunities and useful links for involvement in other service-related work.
- Meet with students to discuss internship placements and preparing resumes for internships.
- Identify, develop and vet new internship sites.
- Foster relationships with current nutrition internship sites within the community
- Act as a contact for communication with internship sites.
- Coordinate memorandums of understanding, agreements and other site-specific requirements (insurance, etc.) with individual sites.
- Act as a representative of NUNM in developing collaborations and fostering community relations.
- Maintain and update databases (MyCareer), including nutrition internship sites, positions and student placement.
- Coordinate logistics of student internship experiences with faculty Capstone supervisor.
- Coordinate with faculty to ensure that students are meeting educational goals.
- Track student progress toward satisfying minimum hourly internship requirements.
- Collect, track and verify materials from students upon internship completion.
- Follow-up with internship sites to ensure positive ongoing professional relations.
- Work with the Department Chair to develop an extended internship program to meet additional nutrition credentialing requirements.
- Organizes, coordinates, and facilitates informational events and workshops regarding volunteer and internship opportunities including speakers, films, and panel discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2.5 years of related experience, preferably in an academic setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with databases, course management, scheduling and/or reference management software strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is required.