Medicinary Services Representative
- Salary Range: $14.50 - $15.50 per hour
- Hours: On Call
- Department: Ancillary Services
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Responsible for compounding and dispensing prescribed medications and herbal formulas and providing the highest quality customer service to doctors, students, and patients. This is an occasional position, as such this position fills in for or supplements the work of regular employees on an occasional basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the day to day workings of the Medicinary Department.
- Order, fill and dispense prescribed herbs, supplements and other Medicinary products and review prescriptions issued for accuracy and safety.
- Compound medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Ensure all prescription labels are appropriately completed; including all relevant and required ingredient information.
- Ensure accurate data entry of products and patients in the pharmacy software system.
- Ensure accurate pricing and processing of products, special orders, and mail orders.
- Answer questions and provide information to Medicinary customers, students and doctors, within Medicinary legal guidelines, in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Address and resolve questions about product returns from customers.
- Guide work study students on proper Medicinary procedures including compounding, checkout, security, sanitary procedures, phone use, professionalism, etc…
- Assist with ordering Medicinary products and supplies; stock shelves and rotate products appropriately.
- Provide cashiering function for sales of merchandise and prescriptions and reconcile daily sales with receipts before deposit.
- Follow all FDA and OSHA requirements regarding health and safety and quality of formulation.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality and HIPPA compliance requirements.
- Work Saturdays and evenings as needed.
Naturopathic Medicine Staff:
Associate’s degree required; two years of Western botanical and natural medicine experience and/or training required; bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with pharmacy software preferred.
Chinese Medicine Staff:
Associate’s degree required; two years of Chinese herbal medicine experience and/or training required; Master of Science of Oriental Medicine, Master of Science of Traditional Chinese Medicine or LAc preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with pharmacy software preferred. Chinese medicine experience preferred.