- Salary Range: $17.00 - $19.65 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Department: NUNM Lab
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests of human specimens, performs associated clerical duties, and assists with educating medical students in laboratory procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect, process, and test patient specimens in a safe and accurate manner according to accepted guidelines, including federal and state regulations, OSHA guidelines, laboratory policies and supervisor’s instructions.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Follow the laboratory’s established action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Manage patient results in all relevant systems, including Epic and Log Book, and assure providers receive results in a timely manner.
- Report all panic values to ordering physician and/or clinical representative (such as NHC CMO, NHC Lab Director or Community Clinic Coordinator).
- Answer phone inquiries from doctors, patients and potential patients regarding laboratory services, test availability, specimen requirements and price.
- Respond to all customer service situations with a positive, friendly, professional demeanor. Work creatively to solve problems, prioritize duties, and maintain a healthy working atmosphere so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Assist with monitoring and stocking laboratory supplies including test kits for reference labs.
- Coordinate and work with other laboratory staff, clinic and college staff and administration to improve the services of the laboratory and further the mission and goals of the College.
- Perform associated clerical and administrative duties according to policies and procedures and accepted local, state and federal guidelines.
- Refer customer complaints/problems to the laboratory designee in a timely fashion.
- Uphold appropriate professional behavior at all times including reporting to work as scheduled and on time and following the required dress code.
- Ensure the work area is kept clean, safe and orderly; adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to safety and accident prevention; comply with all OSHA guidelines.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA guidelines.
- Attend laboratory staff meetings and/or training as required.
- Work Saturdays and evenings as needed.
Associates degree and minimally 2 year of experience in the laboratory field required. Phlebotomy experience required
Word, Excel, and database skills required. Experience with EMR and LIS strongly preferred.
Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) from an accredited program strongly preferred.