Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator
- Salary Range: $15.00 - $17.50 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Admissions
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position provides front line customer service support for the Office of Admissions as well as assisting with the logistics of the day-to-day operations of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer calls and emails from prospective students/applicants regarding the admission process, file status, mailings, admission guidance and instructions, and all other routing inquiries.
- Greet callers and campus visitors professionally and courteously, and direct them as appropriate
- Collect, sort, and process outgoing and incoming mail
- Order office supplies monthly & track budget
- Operate office equipment (copier, scanner, fax, computer, etc.)
- Organize & maintain inventory of office publications, provide campus maps to visitors, etc.
- Work within numerous databases to enter and update information
- Assist with various aspects of application processing
- Prepare materials for recruitment events
- Assist with on campus event logistics including catering, room reservations, event supplies, signs, décor, parking, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with college offices, faculty members, deans, and staff involved in programming in a professional, collaborative manner
- Coordinate and schedule appointments with faculty and deans for on campus events
- Collaborate with local vendors and hotels to receive discounts and materials for guests
- Assist with onboarding work study students
Bachelor’s degree required with 1 year of customer-service experience, preferably in an office setting.
Demonstrates excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills while interfacing with all levels of the University. Possesses excellent listening and problem solving skills in order to interpret the needs of the caller or visitor. Demonstrates a commitment to quality service and works well as a team member and on independent projects as needed.