Career Services Manager
- Salary Range: $43,680 - $47,840 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Student Affairs
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Career Services Manager is responsible for a variety of functions which assist current students, new graduates and alumni/ae to develop and enhance their professional roles. The Career Services Manager is responsible for working with program deans to embed into the educational and training culture of the university practice management skills, general business skills, diversity, equity and inclusion awareness, regulatory and public policy awareness related to professional placement and professional formation. The Manager compiles and makes available appropriate data base resources; identifies, develops and implements job search support and related career services including student preceptor and job placement opportunities for NUNM students, recent graduates and alumni. This role oversees the creation, maintenance, reporting, and assessment of student and recent graduate referrals, resources, and contacts in support of job placement and professional networking. This role is responsible for ND student preceptor placement to fulfill their program requirement and assists the Nutrition internship coordinator in fulfilling nutrition internship placements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Search Support
- Explore and develop new job classifications and career entry points for NUNM graduates and documenting any and all such appropriate present and future opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining university resources in support of career placement functions, including state/provincial and/or federal licensure and regulations.
- Refine and enhance MyCareer utilization to provide quarterly impact reports and placement outcomes for student/alumni information, continuous improvement, and accountability, and in support of financial development, admissions, and marketing.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an agency, corporate, government and institutional liaison function for NUNM to enhance the development of career placement for graduates.
- Seek out and maintain professional connections within the healthcare market and political system to increase preceptoring, internship, job placement, and professional recognition.
- Represent the university to community groups, business and industry, health and social service agencies, and individuals.
- Serve as an advocate and resource for underrepresented student populations.
- Generate events at the university which feature job opportunities, best practices and benchmarks enhancing career path success for NUNM students and graduates.
- Organize, track, and maintain records of job placements and opportunities to assist in institutional program assessment and accreditation.
Development and Placement
- Work with and support the Academic Deans, Chairs and Co-coordinators in the Colleges and Schools of NUNM in support NUNM’s preceptorship, internship and co-op programs including classifying, documenting, consolidating, recruiting and recognition activity. Work with the Deans to foster and encourage a vibrant and diverse academic community that generates a sense of belonging.
- Collaborate with the coordinator of Alumni Affairs to cultivate job placements with alumni and to disseminate job opportunities to the NUNM alumni network.
- Direct the development, communication, and assessment of resources and services for professional placement opportunities of current students and recent graduates.
- Continuously expand the scope and reach of the Office of Career Services using media platforms and digital relationship-building.
- Locate and realize financial resources (grants, scholarships, stipends, subsidies, etc.) to support student placement, in-person and virtual events, conferences, continuing education series’, etc.
- Work with the Director of the Office of Equity and Inclusion who provides mentoring programs for international and underrepresented students to increase academic success and educational achievement.
- Collaborate with Alumni Affairs to create and maintain a tracking system that can generate reports of alumni and student placement opportunities.
- Coordinate ND Preceptorship opportunities, including preceptor recruitment, review and vetting of new preceptor applications, student and preceptor communication and documentation, and assessment of the preceptor program for targeted improvement.
- Work with the ND Dean to recruit new community-based preceptors on an ongoing basis and communicate with new and current preceptors about benefits and updates to the program.
- Perform site visits for local preceptors, and maintain site information documentation for non-local sites
- Coordinate with Associate Registrar to schedule student rotations with preceptors on a quarterly basis and assist with tracking student preceptor credit hours and grades.
- Work with and support Nutrition Internship coordinator for nutrition internship placements.
- Organize, track, and maintain records of preceptor opportunities, course outcomes, and placements to assist the program assessment and accreditation purposes.
Delivery of Career Skills Training
- Develop, lead and administer all aspects of career services support and training, including course and program development (in service C.E. and elective credits, as needed), implementation, evaluation and modification. Contribute and refer resources to support the deans in their delivery of practice management skills training for students including appropriate curriculum materials and related resources.
- Supervise the development and delivery of workshops and seminars focused on the creation and distribution of professional quality resumes and cover letters; job hunting skills; interview techniques; general business skills; and training in networking and patient recruitment skills.
Sustained compilation of data base and related web and print resources
- Maintain Moodle sites with current materials for all ND preceptor-oriented courses (Moodle is NUNM’s learning management platform).
- Maintain and regularly update MyCareer preceptor and job search database. Create and send out annual certifications to active preceptors.
- Provide guidance to students in creating personal/clinic webpage/social media accounts.
- Generate, update and maintain data base resources which identify full and part-time career options information for students and graduates of the university’s programs.
- Generate, update and maintain data base resources which provide job search support for NUNM students including the following: self-directed/online CV/resume preparation tutelage and templates; online job postings management.
- Develop and update information regarding career services and placement for the student handbook, college catalog and relevant brochures, web-based pages and related online materials.
- Develop and maintain a Placement and Career Services Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Monitor and document the current healthcare and political market to identify trends, needs, and networking opportunities for the students and graduates.
- Contribute career opportunities and job market information to the university’s quarterly newsletter, relevant website job placement pages.
Master’s degree required, preferred business focus. A proven track record in job development and career placement services. Familiar with diversity, equity and inclusion challenges and opportunities that affect students in higher education. A minimum of 2 years’ experience with job development, or 3 years’ experience in higher education that demonstrates a focus on career services including environmental scan of professional career options, in a graduate medical or professional school environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of higher education and placement services is preferred. Knowledge of state and national regulations pertaining to natural medicine professional development programs including continuing education requirements and accreditation standards is preferred.
Word and Excel experience required and other software skills such as Filemaker Pro, Publisher, and PageMaker experience preferred.