Research Coordinator I
- Salary Range: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Department: Helfgott Research Institute
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The individual in this position is responsible for coordination of research studies, including recruitment, tracking and management of study participants as well as collection, compilation and documentation of clinical research data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and assists in performing study activities related to NUNM’s research projects, grants, contracts, and collaborations.
- Assists in preparing research grant applications, protocols, consent forms, data collection instruments, tracking tools, procedure manuals, Institutional Review Board (IRB) reports, and other internal and external reports.
- Coordinate and participate in data collection and management, implement procedures to collect data from medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests, and other sources and code, record, and evaluate collected data. Prepare appropriate documentation for data collection procedures.
- Coordinate the development of forms, questionnaires, and study documents and assist in writing procedure manual for study protocol and data collection and coding.
- Assist principal investigator in evaluation and interpretation of collected clinical data and prepare reports, presentations, and analysis of data depicting progress, trends, recommendations, and conclusions. Collaborate on the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- Coordinate collection of samples and specimens for laboratory analysis, ensure compliance with study protocols and requirements of regulatory agencies and identify compliance problems, monitor participants’ progress, and document and report compliance issues and adverse events as appropriate.
- Identify and assist in the preparation, submission, and implementation of protocol revisions and modifications to the study design.
- Travels to local collaborating facilities as required for study coordination and performance.
- Establishes and maintains successful working relationships with a variety of professional groups and individuals.
- Serves as a liaison to federal regulating agencies, IRB’s, sponsors, funding agencies, vendors, research partners, and campus departments.
- Understands and implements NUNM’s Research Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree, course work in research or research design and three years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in clinical settings and/or with human subjects research.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with REDCap and/or other database programs is strongly preferred.