Academic Support Coordinator
- Salary Range: $20.00 - $22.50 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Provost
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Academic Support Coordinator provides administrative support and coordination for faculty, orientation of new faculty, academic support of students and faculty, and assists in the day-to-day operations of the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, the College of Naturopathic Medicine and the College of Classical Chinese Medicine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative orientation and onboarding for new faculty. Ensure that new faculty members are aware of academic and HR requirements, required documentation and information needed to function at the University.
- Assist in training faculty members to use Moodle, Sonis, Microsoft 365 and other academic software. In conjunction with IT and ID, provide ongoing support for these applications.
- Set up Moodle course pages, assist faculty in Moodle page maintenance, including enrolling faculty in course pages as needed. Archive all course materials quarterly.
- Gather, process and maintain accurate records for faculty reviews, faculty contracts, documentation of academic and non-academic activities for promotion and annual reviews and accurate faculty leave records.
- Prepare and distribute policies and pre-term information to all faculty, including procedure updates and academic calendar information.
- Review and ensure that course syllabi meet current requirements, request corrections from and make updates as needed.
- Coordinate with the Instructional Design Team to implement best practices in online courses and advise faculty as needed to convert on-ground to online courses.
- Coordinate with the NUNM Testing Center for administration of make-up and accommodation exams.
- Collect textbook information from faculty and enter textbook information into SONIS to ensure Higher Education Opportunity Act textbook compliance. Verify all textbook information prior to upload.
- Verify term course schedules for faculty members including course titles, times and locations of courses to be taught (in-person, asynchronously, synchronously).
- Assist Deans in coordinating annual faculty evaluations and maintain official records of faculty evaluation processes. In conjunction with the Deans, implement departmental goals and facilitate interpersonal team dynamics in achieving institutional objectives through a quality/customer-service oriented team.
- Collaborates with faculty on addressing their faculty development needs (faculty learning circles, pedagogy in-service, improving pedagogy).
High-level administrative support
- Serves as a coordination hub for key recurrent academic operations for all colleges/schools.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving and adjusting plans.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks and projects for the Deans as assigned. May include:
- Managing an active calendar;
- Composing and preparing correspondence;
- Creating agendas, scheduling and attending faculty and committee meetings; taking meeting minutes and distributing them to the appropriate parties;
- Assists the Deans in updating the course layout, the course catalog and classroom lab fees; posting jobs; completing expense reports; submitting check requests and invoices to the business office; processing guest lecture payments; reconciling visa statements.
- Assists in maintaining communication between the Deans’ offices and other administrative offices, faculty, students and others regarding program activities.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and administration to schedule and coordinate a variety of events and activities, such as Retreats, Admissions interviews, CPR trainings for faculty and staff, and community events
- Ensure that all required accreditation documentation is available and accessible.
- Assist the deans in maintaining strategic planning documentation and updates in SPOL.
- Collect and update faculty CVs annually.
- Participate in University committees as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years’ experience in an academic setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with databases, course management, scheduling and reference management software strongly preferred.
Demonstrates proficiency in Office 365 app/software, specifically:
- Outlook (email and calendar)
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Microsoft Teams
Demonstrates proficiency in LMS Systems, specifically:
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.