Student Success Coordinator
- Salary Range: $20 per hour
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Department: Student Affairs
- Closing Date: Open until filled
To support the Director of Student Success and the Dean of Students with student support and access services, including but not limited to testing administration, disability accommodation coordination, day-to-day operations of the office and serving as a liaison to foster relations with faculty, offices and departments throughout the university.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of the Student Life budget and participate in department budget planning and management.
- Fosters strong relationships with key offices including admissions, career services, financial aid, registrar, student life, counseling services, and with key external constituents.
- Assist in developing institutional plans and policies designed to foster an effective learning environment and offer a high level of care and customer service.
- Support the Director of Student Success in advising students who are at risk or potentially at risk academically with basic knowledge of institutional policies including but not limited to add/drop dates, processes for leave of absences or withdraws, requesting tutors, etc.
- Refer students to appropriate student services for tutoring, counseling, academic advising, and follow-up to ensure that students have obtained support services.
- Assist in the maintenance of student files and records in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Participate in the Persist & Thrive (P&T), Internet Technology Team (ITT) and other committee and team assignments as designated by the Director of Student Success.
- Oversee the administration of exams for students being provided academic accommodations or who have been given permission to take a make-up exam in the Testing Center.
- Tracking, organizing, and administering of Testing Center policies, qualitative and quantitative statistics.
- Maintain test security to ensure confidentiality and integrity of test materials by enforcing the rules of the Testing Center to all examinees
- Prepare documentation of cheating or dishonesty to assist in student discipline process.
- Inventory exams and coordinate with faculty support offices to obtain needed exams. Returning testing materials to the appropriate instructors, or other university administrators, in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of testing schedules that fit the needs of staff, faculty, and students.
- Organize, prepare, and administer exams taken in the Testing Center.
Disability Services Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Student Success with the administration and processing of student accommodations.
- Oversee and coordinate academic accommodation testing with Testing Center
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Success, train and advise the admission department, faculty, and staff regarding student disability services, accommodations, and legal requirements.
- Collaborating with appropriate faculty and staff, oversee the implementation of accommodations.
- Maintain professional training regarding legal requirements of disability services to support the Director of Student Success in the advising of Deans, Provost, and President regarding student matters.
- Manage Student Life front office area including greeting constituents both in person, on the phone and in email.
- Recruit, hiring, training, schedule, and supervise student work-study for office projects. Oversee timesheet approvals for student work-study.
- Communicate with multiple campus constituents in a professional, collaborative manner
- Collect, sort, and process outgoing and incoming mail.
- Manage budgetary items such as office and event supply ordering.
- Manage communication from the Office of Student Life including but not limited to Weekly Willow newsletter, fliers, and bulletin board postings.
- Oversee procedures and delivery of student services including remote room coordination, locker assignments and mailboxes.
- Assist the Dean of Students in organizing university events that include Community Hour, Clap In/Out, New Student Orientation and Commencement; including scheduling events and facilities, working with external vendors and working with the Marketing department for advertising, website updates, and press releases as appropriate.
- Assist the Dean of Students and Director of Student Success with long-term strategic planning. This includes developing long term departmental goals and collecting student services information for accreditation purposes.
- Provide minute taking and clerical support at meetings as needed.
- Process all student requests, maintaining student confidentiality and timely response in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintain compliance with student services federal and state laws, accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide student referrals for inquiries, needs and requests.
Associates degree with three (3) years of related experience
A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicants’ credentials. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $20 per hour Base Wage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Tuition assistance
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.