- Salary Range: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Hours: 30 - 32 hours per week
- Department: NUNM Health Centers
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Certified Medical Assistant to support NUNM Clinical Care Teams, providers and students. This support includes but is not limited to: OCHIN Epic EHR support, MyChart messaging, laboratory and phlebotomy, orders and referrals and prescription support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support for doctors, practitioners, and students regarding clinic and laboratory services, materials and patient care.
- Patient follow up, i.e. prescription refills, telephone calls to patient’s to schedule appointments
- Assisting students and faculty with in-house lab procedures and EKG/Spirometry
- Assisting students and faculty with referrals (letters, orders, imaging, etc.)
- Super User in EPIC or ability to become Epic Super User.
- Provide EPIC support and help with on-going training of student clinicians and faculty for initial training, EPIC updates, refresher training, troubleshooting
- Assist with coding
- Maintains high level knowledge of and ability to apply federal HIPAA and OSHA regulations in relation to all patient management and clinic support.
- Provide back-up assistance with covering the front desk: Provide patient check in/check out and scheduling services through the EMR. Verifying insurances, collecting copays and balances and reconciling deposits.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required by the Clinic and NUNM.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant Required, Associates Degree or greater preferred.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Medical Assistant required.
- Experience working with labs and phlebotomy required
- Experience with EPIC and Alert IIS a plus.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $20.00 – $22.00 Base Salary
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Tuition assistance
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.