Library Supervisor (On-Call)
- Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Hours: On Call, as needed
- Department: Library
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The On-Call Library Supervisor provides circulation and reference service during weekday hours, and during planned and unplanned absences. This position assists library staff in the maintenance of library collections (physical and electronic), and works on special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work at the front desk as needed and perform all routine front desk duties, including circulation and reference services.
Supervise and train student assistants.
Help maintain copy machines, computers, printers and other library equipment, including providing assistance to patrons.
Assist with collection management, cataloging, and interlibrary loan.
Assist in receiving and processing new materials.
Participate in the creation of handouts, subject guides, and website news posts as opportunities arise.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree required and one year of library experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an academic or medical library setting preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A familiarity with basic library services, including circulation, reference, and cataloging.
- Knowledge of and experience with web-based library resources, database searching, and general office computer applications. Experience working with an integrated library system.
- Critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Aptitude for learning new technology and information tools
- Observation of student and user privacy and confidentiality policies and practices
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex workflows
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills that display consideration for diverse backgrounds and communication styles
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and welcoming educational/workplace environment, including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse campus population.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $18.00 – $20.00 an hour Base Wage
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.