- Salary Range: $55,000 - 58,000 per year
- Hours: 40
- Department: Marketing
- Closing Date: Open till filled
If you are interested in applying for this position please create an account to get started. Those who already have an account may log in.
The Communications Manager works collaboratively within the University to support institutional brand strategies, engagement, and lead-generation initiatives. Managing and supporting a wide range of activities – including social media, content creation, graphic design, email marketing and website management – the ideal candidate is a visual storyteller and critical thinker who pays strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and monitors public-facing communications channels, including social media, monthly e-newsletter, University website and intranet.
- Collaborates with AVPME and University stakeholders to identify and create stories that increase engagement, awareness and interest in NUNM.
- Optimizes storytelling and audience engagement strategies based on qualitative feedback and performance analytics.
- Attends various campus activities to capture photography and video for use in social media.
- Builds and manages global content calendar.
- Creates branded presentation slides, flyers, documents, graphic assets and templates for Admissions team and other stakeholders.
- Serves as production manager for NUNM brand collateral, such as printed materials and publications, swag and signage.
- Coordinates with stakeholders via central project management tool, manages external vendor relationships, and ensures highest quality representation of the NUNM brand at all times.
- Manages external creative vendors (photographers, designers, videographers, writers, etc.)
- Supports AVPME with copy preparation, editing and proof-reading.
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years’ work experience OR five years’ work experience in related field.
- Experience in healthcare, education, or research is preferred.
- 1 or more years of managerial experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Fluency in major social media channels, and an understanding of best practices and current trends.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign) and video editing.
- Experience in robust CMS such as WordPress.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures of backgrounds is required.
- Experience with print or materials production processes; experience working with or managing external vendors is preferred.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $55,000 – 58,000 per year Base Wage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Tuition assistance
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.