Health Centers Billing Assistant
- Salary Range: $22 per hour
- Hours: 20
- Department: Health Centers Billing
- Closing Date: Open till filled
This position will compile and enter data into the clinic billing software to generate patient billing for the University’s process collections on patient accounts and assist with the administrative duties and tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process data entry and balance all patient insurance information including charges, adjustments, and receipts.
- Verify patient insurance information and coverage to ensure the clinic has accurate, up-to-date patient account information
- Assist with correspondence regarding patient account issues and maintain and update patient accounts for billing and collection process.
- Assist with returning calls and processing requests from patients, doctors, students, staff and insurance companies regarding billing account ledgers, medical records, doctor treatment letters, etc.
- Assist with creating and tracking patient account notices, mailing patient statements, claim status follow up for contracted and non-contracted insurance carriers and notices for denied and delinquent patient accounts.
- Assist with creating and revising the Health Center Billing forms and policies as needed.
- Scrub daily appointment schedule to review for patients who need to make payments, set up payment plans. Take and process all money paid by patients on previous balances.
Associate’s degree in accounting or business education and two (2) years of medical office and/or billing experience environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Familiarity with billing compliance and claims processing of private insurance such as ODS, Providence, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and state funded insurance such as DMAP/OHP and Care Oregon is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding; strong interpersonal communication skills in person and over the telephone; medical billing software (Epic software preferred), Word and Excel, 10-key by touch, type 40-50 wpm and HIPAA regulations
Ability to act with professional diplomacy and excellent customer service when interacting with doctors, students, staff and patients regarding confidential and sensitive account information and problem resolution. Experience with confidential financial data of patients and clinic and ability to keep information confidential is required.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $22.00 an hour Base Wage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.