Director of Admissions and Recruitment
- Salary Range: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Admissions
- Closing Date: Open until filled
The Director of Admissions provides strategic leadership, coordination, and evaluation for all aspects of recruitment, outreach, and communications to enroll an academically talented and diverse student body. This position will champion new student enrollment planning and the operation of all admissions activities related to data driven marketing, reporting, and yield strategies. This individual works collaboratively with multiple internal and external constituencies that contribute to enrollment efforts and has a proven record in and a strong personal commitment to advancing diversity, equity, access, and inclusion. The Director is responsible for oversight of the campus’s customer relations management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, create an environment of professionalism and enthusiasm for the efforts needed to promote and recruit students for NUNM degree programs in collaboration with the Admissions team.
- Create and implement an annual strategic student recruitment plan that sets enrollment goals, strategies, objectives, budget allocation, timelines, person/office responsible and key indicators for all approved full or part-time certificate or degree programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing of prospective students from initial contact until student matriculation into current degree programs.
- Represent the University at special recruiting events by traveling in and out of state to approved venues as needed.
- Trains, manages, and provides professional development to the admissions team.
- Leads the planning, designing, coordination, and implementation of country-wide data informed student recruitment initiatives.
- Identifies and achieves goal and targets for increasing and sustaining enrollment.
- Expands the University’s capacity to recruit diverse and under-represented student populations through using an equity lens, investigating appropriate forums to engaging communities that represent these populations and adjusting recruitment and enrollment materials to be culturally appropriate.
- Manage daily operations in terms of individual goals for inquiries, applications, and enrolled students.
- Partner with the faculty and administrators throughout the University to develop, implement, and maintain effective recruitment initiatives.
- Engage current students, faculty and alumni, when appropriate in local, national and international recruitment activities.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the content on the admissions web pages.
- Responsible for assuring the development and implementation of a communications plan for students throughout the admissions cycle.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH OTHER COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES:
- Ensure that transfer/articulation/dual enrollment agreements remain up to date with prerequisite requirements and course equivalents.
- Responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of strategic college/university partnerships – from planning and processing to identification of appropriate schools along with relationship cultivation and engagement with NUNM academic department leadership.
- Ensure NUNM is represented at Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) Marketing Committee and other professional associations identified.
- Responsible for ensuring that NUNM effectively utilizes emerging technologies and other tools to ensure that the university reaches the broadest array of applicants and processes applications in an efficient and expeditious manner.
- Oversee systems to track the inquiry and application process, yield rates, and provide regular student individualized communications and ensure the collection, analysis, and reporting of historic data.
- Collects and analyzes data to monitor enrollment trends and admissions data, and creates annual new student enrollment projections.
- Compile application status data weekly and communicate progress towards goals to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for creative thinking, strategic planning, design, development and implementation of enrollment management including the development of a sustainable and dynamic plan for recruiting graduate and undergraduate students.
- Lead the University’s effort to enhance, assess, and maintain a data driven comprehensive strategic plan for managing enrollments to capacity in alignment with the strategic plan. Includes the development, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive enrollment management plan that focuses on prospect development, yield analysis, integrated communications and marketing, institutional aid leveraging and enrollment projections.
- Collaborate with University leaders to promote enrollment management as a comprehensive, data driven and integrated approach to enhance student success, career development, retention, graduation rates, and student satisfaction.
- Lead the university’s admissions effort in conjunction with an integrated communications and marketing plan considering NUNM’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Provide short and long-term planning for department. Develop a 1-3 year strategic plan for the department including a measurable plan for implementation within planned budget guidelines and provisions.
- Responsible for implementing departmental goals and facilitating interpersonal team dynamics in achieving departmental goals and institutional objectives through a quality/customer service oriented team.
- Network internally and externally to achieve objectives of the institution and the department.
- Develop and implement policy and procedures for departmental standards and protocol as approved by the supervisor. Maintain the knowledge base of internal and external regulations and laws necessary to assure compliance in all departmental activities.
- Develop an annual departmental operating budget in cooperation with the CFO and the supervisor and include plans for long-term financial needs.
- Scope of responsibility includes supervision of employees, student employees, volunteers, and contracts as needed. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plan and provide training and development opportunities for departmental staff.
- May serve the College community as a member of committees as approved by the President and/or the supervisor. Duties may include, but are not limited to, chairing or providing leadership to committees as appointed.
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and five or more years’ experience in Admissions or enrollment services (with 2 years of management experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have strong leadership and operational skills, extensive understanding of university admissions and enrollment, strong communication skills, familiarity with CRMs and query-building, and the ability to effectively manage the admissions department, counsel students and interface with all academic leadership.
- Familiarity with data structures and analytical tools.
- Demonstrated track record of transformational leadership which is both inclusive and collaborative.
- Proven track record in student conversion from prospect to matriculation using innovative and strategic approaches towards recruitment.
- Extensive experience in admissions operations/systems.
- Successful administration and oversight of budgets
- A hands-on leader with a strong data driven approach to admissions and enrollment
- Experience in a graduate or medical school
- Knowledge of natural medicine philosophies and modalities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently
- Ability to cultivate and manage key relationships
PAY AND BENEFITS
- $75,000 – $80,000 per year Base Wage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- 16 paid holidays including birthday
- 25% discount at NUNM Medicinary
This in-person position will be based at our campus in Portland, Oregon.