Adjunct Faculty - Behavioral Neuroscience
- Salary Range: Approx. $1040 per credit
- Department: School of Undergraduate Studies
- Closing Date: 10/31/2017
NUNM’s School of Undergraduate Studies is seeking an adjunct academic faculty member to develop and teach the Behavioral Neuroscience course. Adjunct faculty members perform instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of the University and appropriate to the individual assignment. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor and facilitator of learning.
Course Name: Behavioral Neuroscience
Term: Winter 2017/2018 (1/8/2018-3/31/2018; course development Fall 2017)
Course Credits: 3
NOTE: This is a face to face course at the NUNM campus in Portland, Oregon
This course begins with the description of a nerve cell, and continues through an introduction to neurochemistry and the brain. With this foundation, students will learn how the brain influences perception, sensation, cognition, and emotion. The course will use primary research articles and case studies to examine the neurological underpinnings of behaviors such as eating, drinking, sleeping, sex, aggression, and reward seeking.
Outcomes. At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the structure and function of the brain, and neurotransmitters and the behavior processes they control
- Explain the neural basis of sensation, perception, cognition and emotion, as well as ingestive, sexual and addictive behavior
- Discuss how diseases of and trauma to the nervous system affect behavior
- Consider ethical issues surrounding efforts to understand the brain, its function and impact on behavior
Applicants must have education, experience, skill and knowledge in the area they will be teaching. Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred. This is a face to face course so the applicant must live in our within commuting distance to Portland, Oregon, USA.
For more information please write to email@example.com