Adjunct Faculty - Organic Chemistry with Lab
- Salary Range: Approx. $1040 per credit
- Department: School of Undergraduate Studies
- Closing Date: 12/01/2017
NUNM’s School of Undergraduate Studies is seeking an adjunct academic faculty member to develop and teach the Organic Chemistry with Lab course.
Adjunct faculty members perform instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of the University and appropriate to the individual assignment. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor and facilitator of learning.
Course Name: Organic Chemistry with Lab
Term: Spring 2018 (Course is held 4/9/2018-6/30/2018; course development before then)
Course Credits: 4 lecture credits and 2 lab credits
COURSE DESCRIPTION: NS331– Organic Chemistry with Lab (4 lecture credits and 2 lab credits)
An introduction to the molecular basis of living processes in bacteria, plants and humans. This course provides a foundation in the chemistry of carbon-containing compounds, including three-dimensional structures; chemical properties; and methods of structural identification, reactions and syntheses. Students also learn about the organic chemistry of specific pharmaceuticals and detoxification pathways.
Outcomes. At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of carbon chemistry
- Diagram chemical structures and solve chemical reactions
- Describe reactivity and chemical properties of three-dimensional molecules
- Relate principles of chemical reactions and mechanisms to organic functional groups
- Propose reaction mechanisms for common organic chemistry reactions
- Employ critical thinking and the scientific method to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of chemical experiments
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate instrumentation to collect and record data from chemical experiments.
Applicants must have education, experience, skill and knowledge in the area they will be teaching. Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred.
For more information please write to email@example.com