Continuing Education Manager
- Salary Range: $43,000 - $48,000 per year
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Department: Advancement
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position develops and directs Continuing Medical Education and Credential Enhancement for naturopathic doctors, classical Chinese medicine practitioners, current students, alumni, allied health care practitioners, and other health care professionals in the U.S. and Canada, as well as community education offerings for the general public. The position also supervises the coordination of the NUNM Institutes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design and implementation of a departmental strategic plan for continuing medical education, credential enhancement education and community education by researching, proposing, coordinating and delivering new initiatives and continuing educational programs for licensed naturopathic and classical Chinese practitioners in the U.S. and Canada, as well as for other health care professionals.
Continuing Education Duties
- Sustain a strong role in defining educational/vocational goals and encourage and assist professionals and students in pursuing part-time and continuing educational opportunities available at NUNM.
- Responsible for managing the CE’s overall business financial performance by using financial analysis to evaluate and create strategic choices and options: to include – keeping abreast of economic trends, integrating input from stakeholders to prioritize revenue generating CE programs, as well as managing the overall performance of each event.
- With input from the Director of Advancement, responsible for setting and achieving the financial goals of the CE department for revenue and expenditures annually, and for financial oversight of each event.
- Assist the Director of Advancement and Advancement Team in planning and coordinating activities and programs for current NUNM students including, but not limited to special symposia (e.g. Health Biz Expo), educational events, distinguished continuing education teacher awards, access to learning resources, listservs informing potential CE students and alumni of CE and other special events and programs, and the development of special tracks in part-time program offerings.
- Assist in planning and promoting part-time credit and non-credit courses and conferences to provide members of the NUNM community with opportunities to engage in learning experiences utilizing NUNM’s educational resources and activities that support adults in defining educational and professional goals
- Liaise with other colleges, agencies and organizations to promote continuing education programming for NUNM students, alumni and adults through college credit or non-credit courses to encourage and assist in pursuing educational opportunities available through NUNM.
- Coordinate the proper preparation of continuing education curriculum and delivery strategies including online methodologies and presentations by Continuing Education faculty/teachers from NUNM and other ND and CCM institutions.
- Work in a timely fashion with the Continuing Education Review Committee to evaluate offerings such as individual courses, course series, symposium offerings, certificates, diplomas and part-time degree related programs.
- Work with the Continuing Education Review Committee on information presentations to the Council on Administrative and Academic Affairs and, as needed, the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board, for content, design, learning outcomes and, when required, final approval.
- Negotiate contracts and financial agreements with independent contractors who provide CE presentations at NUNM
- Confer with state health professional licensing authorities in all licensed states and Canadian provinces to validate CE offerings as needed.
- Liaise routinely with professional organizations such as AANP, OANP, and other state naturopathic associations, acupuncture associations, OAAOM, NABNE and other professional organizations as needed.
- Plan and execute Continuing Education program development and routinely review the appropriateness, quality and success of Continuing Education, Credential Enhancement and Community Education program activity, policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning and coordination of supportive programs, activities, and classes for NUNM full and part-time students concerning study skills, career opportunities, practice management, health promotion, health policy, and professional formation.
- Supervises the NUNM Institute leads and lead physicians. Help coordinate as they plan and execute continuing medicine education conferences and intensives for professionals and educational programming for a vast public audience including FAME series, Herbal Mixology, Forest Park Hikes, Inspired Living Series and more. Monitor for appropriateness, quality and success in program activity and public satisfaction and relevance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Required: Bachelor Degree required. Successful business development of 3 years or more required. Experience in educational program development or continuing professional education required. Successful track record of team work required. Must be able to work in a fast paced highly fluid environment.
Preferred: Master’s Degree or greater. Experience in educational program development and outcomes based course design. Experience in higher education preferred. Knowledge and experience working with natural medicine education a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience developing curricula, editing or a combination of working with professional development programs, continuing education or alumni affairs. Significant understanding of the naturopathic, chiropractic and classical Chinese medicine professions is essential. Demonstrated ability to work with and show a commitment to students, faculty, alumni/ae and the general public in terms of continuing education offerings development and promotion.
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org