Clinical Education Coordinator
- Salary Range: $15.00 - $17.50 per hour, benefits at 90 days
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Department: College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Closing Date: Open until filled
This position coordinates clinically-oriented courses, examinations and events for the College of Naturopathic Medicine, and acts as assistant to the Associate Dean of Clinical Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Curriculum Duties
Overview: Assist Associate Dean (and 2nd year Residents when applicable) in the organization of clinically-oriented courses within the College of Naturopathic Medicine, including Clinic Observation, Introduction to Clinic, Community Experience (ComEx) Preceptorship, Clinic Synthesis and OSCE Preparation electives, and Clinical Skills Tutorials.
- Schedule students and residents and coordinate logistics for Clinical Skills Tutorials (remediation) and Clinic Synthesis courses. Provide students, residents and faculty with schedules and updated documentation prior to each applicable course.
- Maintain Moodle sites with current materials for all clinically-oriented courses (Moodle is NUNM’s learning management platform).
- Organize, track, and maintain records of course outcomes, documentation and grades, and assist the Associate Dean in analyzing course outcomes for assessment and accreditation purposes. Coordinate with Registrar’s office to track student credit hours.
- Coordinate with Associate Dean to assure all materials for courses are maintained and updated regularly.
- Collect, track and manage student and preceptor documentation for the Community Experience (ComEx) preceptorship program.
- Work with the Associate Dean to recruit new preceptors to ComEx on an ongoing basis and communicate with new and current ComEx preceptors about benefits and updates to the program.
- Review new ComEx preceptor applications for approval and, at the discretion of the Associate Dean, perform site visits for local preceptors, and maintain site information documentation for non-local sites. Maintain and regularly update ComEx preceptor database. Create and send out annual certifications to active preceptors.
- Coordinate with Associate Registrar to schedule student rotations with ComEx preceptors on a quarterly basis.
Event Coordination Duties
Objective Structured Clinical Examinations
- Assist Associate Dean in the organization and administration of Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs).
- Schedule clinical facilities, standardized patients, students, faculty and residents for OSCE exams and coordinate with clinical sites (OHSU and NUNM Health Centers), all involved departments, including faculty support, clinic operations, security, and registrar.
- Coordinate with Associate Dean to assure all OSCE materials and cases are updated each year.
- Prepare and distribute case documentation for standardized patients and faculty or resident graders.
- Prepare OSCE grade notification letters and follow-up instructions for students in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the rescheduling of repeated OSCE exams and notification of appropriate departments.
White Coat Ceremony
- Coordinate planning for annual White Coat Ceremony and reception in September, including catering, rentals, decorations, printing, photography, music, set up and clean up, and other tasks as needed.
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain calendar for Associate Dean of Clinical Education, including scheduling of meetings, travel arrangements, and other scheduling tasks as needed.
- Maintain, organize and update electronic and paper files related to department activities.
- Maintain confidential student and employee records and files.
- Coordinate and schedule clinical faculty trainings as needed.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes for the Program and Student Assessment Committee, and as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Event planning or scheduling experience is helpful. Knowledge of naturopathic medicine preferred. Use of a PC platform and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and troubleshooting skills are essential to perform this job successfully. Experience using learning management systems such as Moodle and student information systems such as Sonis is useful but not required.
For more information please write to email@example.com