Adjunct Faculty - Foundations of Cooking Techniques
- Salary Range: Approx. $1040 per credit
- Department: School of Undergraduate Studies
Adjunct Faculty Opening (In-Person Class, Portland, OR)
School of Undergraduate Studies
Bachelor’s in Nutrition
NUNM’s School of Undergraduate Studies is seeking an adjunct academic faculty member to develop and teach the Foundations of Cooking Techniques course.
Adjunct faculty members perform instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of the University and appropriate to the individual assignment. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor and facilitator of learning.
Course Name: Foundations of Cooking Techniques
Term: Winter 2017/2018 (1/8/2018-3/31/2018; course development Fall 2017)
Course Credits: 3 (2 lecture, 1 lab credit)
NOTE: This is a face to face course at the NUNM campus in Portland, Oregon
In order to practically apply nutrition theory to real meals, cooking skills are required. This course introduces students how to prepare and cook nutritious food for individuals or groups. Additional ‘art of cooking’ components are introduced and students begin experimenting with flavors.
Outcomes. At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Conduct recipe scaling and conversions;
- Demonstrate stock, soup and sauce cookery;
- Identify, prepare and cook a variety of vegetables and grains;
- Describe features of eggs and demonstrate egg cookery;
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and applied practices for controlling food; time/temperature abuse, proper food handling procedures and personal hygiene practices;
- Describe and display the elements of taste and flavor development as it relates with the cooking process.
Applicants must have education, experience, skill and knowledge in the area they will be teaching. Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred. This is a face to face course so the applicant must live in our within commuting distance to Portland, Oregon, USA.
If you are interested in being considered, please fill out an application at www.nunm.edu/jobs
For more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org