Andrew Erlandsen, ND
As chair of the MScN program, Dr. Andy Erlandsen’s passion for medical research and nutrition has landed him in an ideal position—one where he can teach others the importance of quality medical research while being hands-on in the kitchen, showing the value of whole-food nutrition and cooking. In addition to his teaching role, Dr. Erlandsen is one of NUNM’s Ending Childhood Obesity (ECO) Project physicians. The ECO Project is a series of free, community-based nutrition education and hands-on cooking classes.
Dr. Erlandsen’s enjoyment of the culinary arts and nutrition led him to pursue a career in preventive medicine. He is a firm believer in Hippocrates’ injunction, “Let food be thy medicine.” Dr. Erlandsen also maintains a private clinical practice in Beaverton, Oregon.
Assistant Professor, Chair Master of Science in Nutrition Program
Nutrition, Medical Research
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine, ND, 2011
- University of Maine, BS Food Science & Nutrition
- RES520 Clinical Research Design
- RES625 Nutrition Research and Skills
- RES700/CCM414 Introduction to Nutrition
- RES626 Therapeutic Diets: Research and Cooking