Work-study positions at NUNM’s Helfgott Research Institute may be available for students in any graduate degree program who are interested in participating in integrative medicine research. Students will be hired under the title of Research Assistant, with responsibilities as described below.
Research assistants may perform any of the following duties, as required by the research supervisor:
- Gather background information through literature reviews.
- Create and/or edit databases; enter participant data.
- Assist with participant scheduling and/or visits.
- Assist with data coding.
- Maintain and/or transport study materials and equipment.
- Help generate graphics or reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the research supervisor.
We ask that Research Assistants set aside a weekly three–hour block of time to be available to help with research projects at NUNM’s Helfgott Research Institute. RAs must coordinate with their project coordinator to create a work schedule that benefits the assigned project.
RAs are formally supervised by the Administrative Assistant to the Deans and Director, but may be assigned to work under a research investigator, faculty member or study coordinator on a specific project. Specific assignments will then be provided by the research investigator, faculty member or study coordinator.