NUNM alumna Jacqueline Jacques Joins INM Board

Dr. Jacques brings more than 20 years experience in medical nutrition and wellness to the Institute for Natural Medicine.

Jacqueline Jacques in white shirt sitting in front of white wall

National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) alumna Dr. Jacqueline Jacques has joined the Board of Directors for the Institute for Natural Medicine (INM).

Established in 1993, INM focuses on expanding national awareness of naturopathic medicine and increasing access to naturopathic physicians.

“Their mission of doing everything we can to enhance the human potential for health is something I resonate with deeply,” said Dr. Jacques, a wellness industry expert and consultant. “This is a vehicle for me to give back to a community that has given me so much, both directly and indirectly.”

Dr. Jacques, who earned her Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine degree from NUNM in 1997, has more than 20 years of experience in medical nutrition and wellness. She has been a pivotal figure in the natural products industry as a founder, speaker, executive, and consultant.

In her new role on the INM board, Dr. Jacques said she hopes to grow awareness of the outsized impact natural medicine has had on the health and wellness industries.

“I would like to think that my deep connections to the communities and institutions I have been part of as well as my extensive non-profit experience will help contribute to the next level of growth for INM,” she said. “It’s really an honor to have a seat at this table.”

Never stop educating yourself. I always thought of my ND as more of beginning than an end.

The NUNM alumna added that her training as a naturopathic doctor gave her a solid foundation in the art, practice and role of clinical nutrition and botanical medicine.

“It gave me insight into what was lacking and what holes might need filling,” she said of her experience at NUNM. “I have used and grown this knowledge extensively — and added to it with training that made me a stronger businessperson.”

One piece of advice Dr. Jacques said she shares with new alumni and young NDs who may want to consider working in industry is to “to cultivate at least one additional skill.”

“Learn to write. Learn something about medical or regulatory affairs or fine tune your skills in pharmacognosy or toxicology,” she said. “Never stop educating yourself. I always thought of my ND as more of beginning than an end.”