Thank you for your interest in becoming a preceptor for NUNM naturopathic medical students. A preceptorship is an opportunity for students to broaden and strengthen their clinical skills under the supervision of a licensed healthcare provider in practice who is acting as a clinical role model.
If you have been an NUNM preceptor in the past, but your status is expired (status is valid for 3 years after application approval), please do not use the link below, but rather send an email to email@example.com requesting to renew, and we will send you a renewal form.
If approved, your status as an NUNM preceptor will be valid for 3 years. Please review these Preceptor Responsibilities prior to applying.
Preceptor Benefits (for active preceptors who annually host a student learner for 12 or more hours):
- 12 (twelve) naturopathic Continuing Education hours of recorded video (a $400 value!) from our online CE library.
- On-site Library privileges – NUNM preceptors may request a university library card which gives you access to over 16,000 books including our rare book room, CDs, DVDs, as well as databases and computer applications (available only on-campus).
- The opportunity to learn new and updated information about the profession, keep abreast of the latest research, and educate future physicians by passing on invaluable knowledge.
- For NDs, the opportunity to give back to the profession as noted in the Naturopathic Physician’s Oath, and to collaborate with the NDs of tomorrow.
- For non-NDs, the opportunity to increase your knowledge of natural medicine in research and in practice, and collaborate with your future colleagues.
Preceptor Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years in practice or 1 year of accredited residency
- No current disciplinary action on license
- One of the following provider credential types: ND, MD, DO, DC, DPM, NP, CNM, PA, DPT, PT, PsyD, LCSW, LPC, MFT, and LAc (students may obtain a maximum of 20 TOTAL hours for work with LAc’s).
We are grateful for your willingness to mentor our students, and ask you to reach out to us at Preceptorship@nunm.edu if you have any questions or concerns about your student learner or the program.
To apply to be an NUNM Preceptor, please click the APPLY HERE button, then enter the code “preceptorapp” to access the application.
Updated July 5, 2023