Through the generosity of donors, National University of Natural Medicine is pleased to offer the following scholarships to assist students with their cost of education. Visit each scholarship page to learn more about the scholarship and any scholarship–specific application requirements. New students, please contact the Admissions Office for all incoming student scholarships.
Peterson Family Scholarship, $1000 (three available)
Current students in good standing in any degree program at NUNM
1,000 Friends of NUNM Scholarship, $1,000 (two available)
Current students in good standing in any degree program at NUNM. This scholarship will be weighted based on financial need.
Percy and Adrienne Frazier Scholarship, $5,000 (six available)
Current students in good standing in ND, MSOM or DSOM degree program at NUNM. This scholarship will be weighted based on financial need.
Bragg Health Institute Scholarship, $2,500 (two available)
Current full–time students in good academic standing entering their 2nd year or higher in the ND, ND Dual-Track Programs, or Masters in Nutrition programs.
Diipali Barrett Scholarship, $1,500 (one available)
ND or ND dual student in good standing with a sustainability and equity focus. This scholarship will be weighted based on financial need.
How to Apply
- Complete the 2019-2020 NUNM Scholarship Application.
- Include your answers to any scholarship–specific questions for the scholarship(s) you are applying for, along with all appropriate documents in your submission. Please be sure to remove your name from all materials except your cover sheet.
- The general questions are not required for scholarships with specific questions.
- You may apply for up to 3 scholarships, but cannot apply for a scholarship you received in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Submit the application form, your scholarship–specific essays, and all other documents to NUNM by the application deadline: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Scholarship Award and Financial Aid
Federal financial aid recipients could have other aid reduced to accommodate any scholarship(s) received. Scholarship funds will be divided into three equal installments and disbursed to the recipient in fall, winter and spring terms. Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress as a condition for receiving a scholarship. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the scholarship. This policy applies to both internal and external scholarship funding sources.
When Awarded a Scholarship
All scholarship attendees are expected to write a thank you letter to the donor (if appropriate). Letters should be delivered to the Advancement Office for forwarding to the donor(s). Students and donors will be invited to an event in their honor.
Who is Eligible
All scholarships that are determined by financial need will be based on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) needs analysis results. All students receiving financial aid will have all scholarships included as part of their award package. We encourage all students to complete the FAFSA application online with the National University of Natural Medicine School Code of B07624.
Students who received scholarships for 2018-2019 are ineligible to apply again for the same scholarships this year – but may apply for others. Students may apply for as many scholarships as three, but only one scholarship per student will be awarded.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Students are encouraged to conduct an exhaustive online search for scholarship opportunities. There are many databases available. The following are some private scholarships that may be of interest to NUNM students.
The Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) scholarship applications are available!
- Visit the Scholarships page
- OSAC Scholarship Application
- OSAC Scholarship Catalog
- Timeline and Deadlines
- Application Help
- Ford Family Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarship Statistics
This scholarship has a preference to support NUNM students
Provided by The Smile Institute in Eugene, this scholarship is awarded to University students in Oregon. Incoming students are also eligible to apply.
This scholarship is awarded by SeniorAdvisor.com. (scroll down on this link for scholarship information)
This scholarship is awarded by Natural Doctors International.
This office maintains a catalog of over 475 scholarships for Oregon students.
Requirements: GPA above 3.0
Deadlines: Applications accepted year-round with cycle deadlines on Sept. 30, Dec. 31, March 31, June 30
How to Apply: Students submit a short essay through the portal on our scholarship page
- High school students graduating this calendar year and have been accepted into a college, university, trade school, or design school are eligible to apply
- Students currently enrolled in a college, university, trade school, or design school
- All majors and areas of studies are encouraged to apply
Deadline: June 1, 2019
How to Apply: Submit a short essay on the following: Life is hard and it takes motivation to be persistence to reach your goals. To be considered for this scholarship, please submit a short essay (500 words or less) that shares what some of the things are that keep you motivated to keep reaching for your goals. Dr. Summit Shah would love to hear about some of your specific goals as well.
Requirements: The CDPAP Department of Edison Home Health Care offers one $1,000 educational scholarship annually. To apply, please submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay outlining what you would do to improve healthcare. Topics of discussion can be broad and span areas such as systematic issues (e.g. insurance structures), treatment methodologies, patient psychological well-being, or even specialty specific areas. Don’t be afraid to be creative.
Deadline: Aug. 31, 2019
Requirements: Students must currently be enrolled full time at an accredited 2 year or 4-year university, community or junior college, or a graduate degree program. Students must be a US citizen
Essay Question: “Why Research Into Organic Products is Essential for Society” or “Why Health is More Important Than Ever Before”
Deadline: August 31, 2019
Deadline: July 15, 2019
- Students must be attending a two or four year university or college in the Fall of 2019. They must have been involved in caregiving for a family member or friend.
- SeniorAdvice.com employees and their family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Submission of application is regarded as acknowledgement and adherence to the following agreement guidelines below.
- Application must be submitted by July 15, 2019. Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2019.
Information: There are several scholarship opportunities here.
Deadline: Dec. 31, 2019, 11:59 CST