To educate and train physicians, practitioners and pre-professionals in the art, science and research of natural medicine.
NUNM is the known leader in natural medicine education, research and patient care.
Our Core Values
Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Equity, Creativity, Innovation, and Environmental Stewardship.
Our Core Themes
At NUNM, our students are at the core of everything we do. We have built advanced medical education programs in natural medicine, classical Chinese medicine, and related health sciences disciplines, aiding in the growth of natural and integrative medicine in North America. Our graduates are spreading across the globe to deliver natural medicine services and leadership, and NUNM will continue to compel the health industry to focus on prevention and a patient-centered system. The following is an overview of the core themes from our strategic plan (Framework for Action III, 2017-2022) and supporting objectives.
Support successful learning.
- Ensure that the standards for admission result in matriculation and retention of students who are academically and non-academically prepared for the rigors of medical school
- Foster systems that support student success
Teaching and Learning
Deliver education that ensures student achievement of competencies within the art and science of natural medicine practice and research.
- Provide comprehensive and effective support to faculty in continuously improving their competency as educators
- Delivery curricula that enable graduates to achieve all program outcomes
- Ensure the inclusion of natural medicine philosophical roots in curricula design
Promote the success of our graduates through our academic, clinical and research endeavors.
- Prepare and support our graduates to work within the professions for which they are trained
- Prepare students to engage in scholarly activities that contribute to a culture of inquiry
- Foster a culturally safe environment that creates a sense of belonging